help,,,got to change to a different style release quickly!!

Alan in GA

I have at least 3 wrist strap releases in my archery stash. I am scheduled to have some minor skin surgery on top of my release
hand at the wrist on Oct 5. It is basal cell skin cancer [not my first] and it will be a dime size scraping right where my release wrist strap goes!
I guess a hand release will save my hunting early this season! One thing after another has happened [flu/vacation/lots of new bug business] and I've yet to climb into my hang ons only minutes away from my home. NOW,,this happens, I got the call this morning and they offered Oct 5 as the date of the procedure [should be minor but no wrist strap stress will be possible].

OK,,,,school me QUICKLY on what release to buy and use for my D loop equipped bows...and Thanks ahead of time!!
PS..other than a finger tap and glove for my traditional/recurve days many years ago...I've only used Scott Lil Goose [or similar] wrist strap releases....for what it's worth.
Alan in GA​

NICK_BOWHUNTER

im shooting a Tru Ball pro t handle caliper style, would have to make some changes to your gang adjustments due to slightly changing your anchor point but IMO its worth it, I switched from a strap style to the t handle caliper and have never been so accurate .

DSC_0026.JPG

tnbrute

Take a look at Jim Fletcher archery. There concho type release was one of my favorites for years and is a very good release.

Alan in GA

tried the concho many years ago....

and I don't do well with it. It was a Fletcher, too. Changed it over to a velcro wrist strap which was ok, but loved the first Scott Lil Goose I tried and have not looked back.
I'd love to try a T handle of some sort but have never even held one that I can remember!

Browtine

I've got a Tru Ball Pro Diamond T handle release and I love it. I'll second that recommendation. In fact, since I'm using a wrist strap I could even loan it to you if I'm guaranteed to get it back when you're done with it. Not interested in sellin' it or gettin' rid of it, but seein' your situation, unless you plan on stayin' away from a wrist strap after you heal, no need in spendin' the bucks that a Pro Diamond costs just to get by until you heal.

If you're interested in borrowin' it until you heal just hit me up via PM. ;)

GusGus

You might want to check out the Scott or Cobra grip releases. Since you are used to a finger trigger and caliper style that may work well. You can pick up the Cobra for about $35, and the Scot runs about $50.

FishinMech

look at archery talk. com the is a release on there that i think will help you just post a tread about your problem. Sorry i cant find it. It is a elbow release that and it looks very nice.

ed742

I am also a big fan of T handle. I switched from wrist strap style about a year ago because I felt myself punching the trigger. Chose the Tru Ball Pro Diamond Extreme and can't believe how awesome it is. I can't see myself ever using a wrist strap style again.

NICK_BOWHUNTER

i am also a big fan of t handle. I switched from wrist strap style about a year ago because i felt myself punching the trigger. Chose the tru ball pro diamond extreme and can't believe how awesome it is. I can't see myself ever using a wrist strap style again.

yeah what he said!

watermedic

Alan,

Carter, Stanislawski, and Truball all make high quality thumb trigger releases. Usually you have to raise the peep up to be able to see through it. Try it and you will most likely never use a wrist release again.

Good luck with the surgery and the new release.

Alan in GA

got the TruFire 3D Hunter....however...

Since I have this TruFire 3D Hunter I'm thinking I'm going to try buying the TruBall ProDiamond Extreme as a backup,,or main release. I found a few negative reviews in the TruFire 3D Hunter, none on the TruBall. It's a bit more but I guess you get what you pay for[?].
Thanks for all the advice. I've had to learn a LOT about T handle releases in the last week.