Momma Bear & 4 Cubs

This is the most beautiful thing. A momma bear and her four cubs. I have actually never heard of a bear having four cubs but guess they can. We have watched them numerous times, sometimes its a little scary because your not sure where they may be. We got to watch them nurse and wrestle with each other. Truly a beautiful thing. I will get more pictures later today. These little guys are so cute. Not the best pics of all of them but its hard to get all 4 cubs & the momma in the same pic. Hope yall enjoy!

Attachments

• Cubs on Swing.jpg
    Cubs on Swing.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 885
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 653
  • 325.jpg
    325.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 695
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 693
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
Nice pics. I am here in Gilmer also and have seen SEVERAL Mommas with 3 cubs but not 4. Thats really neat! Seems they are everywhere this year, never have seen this many bears before.

HighCotton

Thanks for the great pics.

I will be retiring to north GA soon.

Attended the Apple Festival in Ellijay 2 years ago. Lots of fun.

stevo15

Guy on Gon a good while back had a pic with 5 cubs I think. Everyone thought that was crazy. I don't know much about bears, but we have started seeing a good bit down here on my lease

Dang ill have to look up the 5! Yea they're crazy up here in Gilmer anyways. They have broke into several peoples houses and everytime you turn around, theres a bear. I have had 7 different ones at my house in the past 2 months and I live about 3 minutes from the interstate.

Lorri

Awe thanks for sharing the pictures. You hear about them being up in your neck of the woods all the time. Never have seen them with their momma - wow that is a lot of cubs.

dertiedawg

everytime you turn around, theres a bear. I have had 7 different ones at my house in the past 2 months and I live about 3 minutes from the interstate.
Hmmmm, just PM me your address and I'll get rid of those unwanted guests for ya.:biggrin2:

Yea come gun bear season I think ill go for the over 400 pounder we got. The others are kinda small but I wouldn't mind takin him as long as I find him before he finds me ha ha

Last edited:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I like the one with the 4 cubs sleeping by themselves.

Thanks alot

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great Pics!!!!!!!!!!

Nugefan

they just stopped by for a swing ...

very cool pix ...

Thanks for postin' ....