Pendulum Sight Shooters

southGAlefty

How many of you guys shoot pendulum sights and are they worth getting into? I'm looking for a sight to take the guess work out of ranging deer and I seem to shoot better with single pin sights. What ya'll think?

jleepeters

I shot one for a few years, im with gadgetman unless you have a keller, 30 yards and they level out but the kellers have two more pins underneth once they level out and i like the keller because it has a really small field of view and you can concentrate on the shoulder rather than the rack if its a big buck

killNgrill

i shot one on my old bow... but with the speed of the newer bows, most can shoot out to 30 with a single pin anyway

robinsonfam1

i have the predator. love it. the predator is a bit complicated to get set up but once its set..its on all day long!
obviously with any 1 pin sight your flat range will be determined like others said to your bow speed. i get just over 35 yards on one pin from ground shooting a PSE Brute. 100G mechs....total arrow weight 351G.

ed742

I've shot the trophy ridge mantis v drive for a few years. It's good for me to about 25-28 yds, but I shoot less than the recommended fps. So I keep it ready for pendulum use but if I see a deer getting out to 30-40 yds, I use the v drive feature and just dial in the yardage. If I had the money I think I would just get a different sight since I'm still having to guess yardage. I like the G5 sight that has a few fixed pins (2 I think) then one you can adjust for longer shots.

polkmarine

what about that new hot dot . i was thinking about looking into one of them. Does anyone know anything about them?