Cars 1 Bear 3

Coastie

Sort of a pyrric victory though (sp?) he ended up DOA. Hwy 400 at Henry Grady Hwy this morning just before 7AM a Bear estimated (hard to judge when they are that tore up) at a bit over 200 pounds was hit in the south bound lane, chalk up one car, exit one Bear, he was hit two more times before he was removed from the roadway. Both of the other cars had to be towed as well. All drivers were O.K. as far as I know.

TommyA(GA)

Yeah I heard about that. I passed right by there at 5 am that morning and believe it or not I swear I was thinking about what would happen if a Bear was to run across the road in front of me. I drive 400 south every morning and I know there is a lot of Bear up there and knew it was going to happen soon. Just can't believe it happened two hours after I was thinking about it. Hope all drivers are ok.

GA DAWG

I heard about it to but heard it was 400lb and hit by 12 more cars:rofl:

GA DAWG

So,whats the total now?????? The way I hear it..One has been run over every morning this week..Within 3 miles of each other!!!!!!!! What the crap is going on??????????

TommyA(GA)

Where are you talking about?? I have never heard of this part of 400. Maybe i just dont know 400 as well as I thought. Where exactly was the bear hit Coastie ??

In Dawsonville, close to 136, and by the blinking lights also. At least two killed in the last few days that I know of.

GA DAWG

How big was the one that was run over on Hwy 53 somewhere around Duck Thurmond rd?
I aint heard about it..I heard of one on sweetwater juno...Is that the same one?

stickum

I came up on it that moring,and the Bear was hit several times hardly could tell what it was until i had go around it i saw its head and front legs my guess by head size and paws 300 + not what i normally see on my drive in to work it was hit Southbound 400 about 1/4 mile before Hwy 136

TommyA(GA)

The article was in the Dawsonville newspaper the other day. They said it was around 250 lbs and the other one was a little smaller. 6 cars hit the 250 lb er.