New Shop Open in Cartersville/Cohutta Fishing Company

HUNTERBOB

Hey gang awesome new fly shop outfitter opened last week you need to check them out.I will let yall know when grand opening is:yeah:

Tightliner

Happen to know who it is?

Later..........................................

Ole Fuzzy

Banned
The Orvis shop obviously did not work, as I and others predicted, and they are going to have a hard time making it on flyfishing alone.

The only way I see a specialty fishing shop to make it in Bartow is to cover the spectrum--gear and flyfishing--with a lot of guiding on area lakes and streams and casting clinics for profit. If they could cover the full range, get some winter business from stripers on the lakes, and have a pretty good Christmas season, the market might support them. One might need to supplement by making some internet/ebay sales.

I'd like to see a good fishing shop survive in Bartow. I hope that they look at places like Hammond's, The Dug Out, and so on and see how they've made it. Wally mart and Bass Pro have not killed all specialty shops.

HUNTERBOB

I think they will do well they got a place to sit and tie flies watch tv and just shoot the breeze we need a place like this local

BrianDailey

Address?

Where's this place at guys?

The more info...the better.

Thanks!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sounds like my kinda place. I am up at Red Top Mt SP a good bit. Have to check them out. Directions please.

HUNTERBOB

Hey guys and gals I told yall I would let you know when the grand opening was so here goes October 15 yall come support them
Hey gang awesome new fly shop outfitter opened last week you need to check them out.I will let yall know when grand opening is:yeah:

TopWater94

checked CFC this past Sat, not a bad shop. Good gear, nice premium rods and well organized selection of flies. Not to mention the service, me and my bud ended up staying a watching the first half of the Alabama game with one of the owners. I also cheated on my Sage and casted a flimsy 4 wt Scott, now I will have to go to rod marriage counseling.