The Judge

psycosoninlaw1

I eased out into an edge of the woods lined with acorn trees. I had noticed several times that this was a tree rat highway. I loaded up with some 4 shot and sat down and waited. A few minutes later, 2 tree rats started barking at me within range. A couple of minutes later they were piled up in the leaves.

Apex Predator

At what range does that revolver have an acceptable pattern?

psycosoninlaw1

with 4's about 30 feet. i like the 000 at about 60 feet. the slugs at about 100 feet and .45 lc's at about 150 feet with a sharp drop off at anything further away. we did it at the river with a range finder.

psycosoninlaw1

about a foot circle. I wouldn't shoot a deer unless it is right on me with the 000. But with a hollow point or a slug, about 30 yards would be my limit. It's a real good snake gun, but I'll probably trade it off for something else.

Randy

about a foot circle. I wouldn't shoot a deer unless it is right on me with the 000. But with a hollow point or a slug, about 30 yards would be my limit. It's a real good snake gun, but I'll probably trade it off for something else.

Hmm. a 410 is not legal on deer in Georgia.

psycosoninlaw1

I shoot those for the fun of it. The LC's hollow points are real expensive.

tv_racin_fan

NO, the typical 410 slug is about 110 grains or less. The typical .45colt round is about 250 grains. The 410 slug is .410 in diameter and the typical .45 colt round is .450 in diameter. I believe BOX O TRUTH did some testing and found the slug from a .410 shell to not be nearly as accurate as a .45 colt round from the Judge.

Big7

The Oracle

.410 bore IS NOT legal for deer.. Even with the 000 "buck"
That will get you in BAD trouble...

Only thing deer legal for "The Judge" is the .45 Colt
Barrel is Waaayyy to short too...

The deal on the "shot spread" may be found HERE:
http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

Old Coach

I read that the Judge is the most sold pistol in America.
Most people really want one and after they shoot it for a while they are ready to sell it.
It is a good snake gun but that's a lot of $$ for a snake gun.
Coach