North Georgia Revisited 10-4-2009

WinMag.300

Had the opportunity to explore a new piece of water today and break in my new 7'6" 3wt. Arrived at my destination with a newbie to trout fishing at 730am. Just as daybreak was breaking over the mountains as shades of gray and black turned to evergreen. The cool crisp air refreshened my soul and gave hope to a wonderful day. We hiked up for bout 20 minutes and came to some nice water. First cast for me I landed a beautiful 7 inch brown. Next cast a 12 inch brown, and third cast a 10 inch brown. The fly of choice was a BHPT. My friend opted to spin fish with a panther martin. His first cast, across a still pool with a 3-4 ft deep rift, he reeled in as a nice 16 inch bow exploded in its wake. He landed the fish after several runs and was definitely excited. He released the fish unharmed. I drifted the BHPT through the same run and landed a nice 14 inch bow, and then several small 4-6 inch bows. We covered more water and pools from small falls and we were rewarded with about 40 fish between the two of us. He did manage the two larger of the day with a 16 and a 15 inch bow. I did however catch one pretty brown with a small hook jaw that was 14 inches. Very few pics as we did get wet very shortley after our ascent which damaged the camera. Here are a few of the only pics we got.

Attachments

• 1004090845.jpg
    1004090845.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 1004090850.jpg
    1004090850.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 302
  • Low Gap 9.5.09 012.jpg
    Low Gap 9.5.09 012.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 303

WinMag.300

more pics

here are a few more pics;

Attachments

• Low Gap 9.5.09 011.jpg
    Low Gap 9.5.09 011.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Low Gap 9.5.09 025.jpg
    Low Gap 9.5.09 025.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Low Gap 9.5.09 024.jpg
    Low Gap 9.5.09 024.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 293

ja88red

where you on a WMA? just wondering I am new to trout fishing myself this year is my first and I am hooked

WinMag.300

brookies

no brookies this trip, although I had one on for a slight while until he came unbuttoned. The brookies are a lil bit futher up the creek than I was.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good stuff Ben!

SmokinGlock

Nice photos! Good to see so much water in the creeks. We hit a little creek outside of Dahlonega this past weekend and the fishing has been better - but there was plenty of water in the creek, and the air was nice and crisp! Get out there and enjoy that fall weather guys! :)

Dan the Man

Perfect!

Perfect! Nothing like having a day like that!:cool:

The browns look almost like stockers? was it a stocked area? or way out of the way? If you're feeling generous, you're more than welcome to PM me the location! :biggrin2:

WinMag.300

A ways

Definitely a ways out of the way...I would find this an extremely hard area to be stocked.

Perfect! Nothing like having a day like that!:cool:

The browns look almost like stockers? was it a stocked area? or way out of the way? If you're feeling generous, you're more than welcome to PM me the location! :biggrin2: