I need some help ....................

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
............................and I know with all the vast knowledge on this board someonr can help me. I found this deer on our new bow only lease on the Etowah river. I found it less than 40 yards from the river bank. I took the pics with hopes of someone telling me what may have cuased her to die. She was no doubt a 6 month old deer. I could find absolutly no skin penetration any where( bullett holes) Pay close attention to the pic of her underside the dark color close to her hams is green and the c color was dark green.

Any body have any ideas?

The pics on this post are of her hoofs front and back rear and front.

Attachments

• found deer on river 001.jpg
    found deer on river 001.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 536
  • found deer on river 002.jpg
    found deer on river 002.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 501
  • found deer on river 004.jpg
    found deer on river 004.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 493
  • found deer on river 005.jpg
    found deer on river 005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 494

Branchminnow

These next three are of the underside of her.

Attachments

• found deer on river 006.jpg
    found deer on river 006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 722

Branchminnow

Another underside photo

Attachments

• found deer on river 007.jpg
    found deer on river 007.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 730

Branchminnow

One of her mouth

Attachments

• found deer on river 008.jpg
    found deer on river 008.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 686

Branchminnow

I know there is no way she could have been dead more than a couple of huors because her legs were very flexible, and thats why Im wondering if maybe she had some sort of disease with all the green color on her underside.

HMwolfpup

maybe she got a look at you and was scared to death ::ke:

seriously though, I don't have a clue. when I saw the pic of her mouth, I thought that dark was her tongue and thought about that blue tongue or black tongue (some reason I can't remember which it is) but then at second glance that looks like her tongue sticking out above your hand....so I don't know.

Branchminnow

Her tongue was not black that i recall.

One thing I forgot to mention we thought that if she had been shot then it could have been through her backside and that could have been the reason for the green color she had.
on her underside.

Also she was wet like she had just swam the river.

Branchminnow

huntfish said:
Maybe someone hit her with a boat while she was crossing the river?
:rofl: :rofl:

I knew it would happen, I know I deserve all the poking I can get after what i do to the rest of you.

Please Russ your honest opinion.

slightly grayling

Any alphapha fields near your

club? I was wondering if someone took a shot at her with a small calibur (.22 rimfire) or something that wouldn't leave an obvious hole and gut shot her. The green seems to be limited to the stomach cavity area in the photos, is that the case?
-SG

B

Bowbender

Yep she found the moonshine!!!!!!!!!!!! She aint dead, just sleeping it off.. Lord knows, White lightning has done that to me a time or two.... :pop:

Branchminnow

slightly grayling said:
club? I was wondering if someone took a shot at her with a small calibur (.22 rimfire) or something that wouldn't leave an obvious hole and gut shot her. The green seems to be limited to the stomach cavity area in the photos, is that the case?
-SG
No not any alphalpha (I know arrow 3 girl will be proud of that spelling) and although you are right about not finding a .22 cal bullett hole we looked her over pretty good. Like I said she may have been shot in the rearend. But I guess another question is would it turn green like that before or after she died?

Branchminnow

Bowbender said:
Yep she found the moonshine!!!!!!!!!!!! She aint dead, just sleeping it off.. Lord knows, White lightning has done that to me a time or two.... :pop:
Probably turned your belly green too didnt it? :D

Branchminnow

fatboy84 said:
I think the green is caused by her busting a gut laughing at Branch's hat. :rofl: :rofl: ::ke: ::ke:
That was funny I dont care who you are................wait a minute that was poked at me! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Havana Dude

My guess

Is maybe when she jumped(if she jumped) into the river, she landed on a stickup(substantial) where all the bruising is, causing internal bleeding, and simply bled out.

Branchminnow

Havana Dude said:
Is maybe when she jumped(if she jumped) into the river, she landed on a stickup(substantial) where all the bruising is, causing internal bleeding, and simply bled out.
Thats possible I guess But it would have to have been a very blunt object not to puncture the body cavity, and we did not find anything like that.

pacecars

Did you open her up?

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
That green looks like copper poisoning.................do you reckon she found all of those jars full of pennies that you and Festus, and Dale have hidden up there............in them thar hills???

Really..I don't have a clue

git'r :D

Toliver

pacecars said:
Did you open her up?

I was going to ask the same thing until I saw you'd beaten me to the punch. Opening her up would have answered your question about her gut being punctured. BTW, don't let the limber legs fool you. Rigor comes and then goes. You stiffen up but then it goes and you become limber again. That green may very well just be normal decomposition.