Misfire !!!!!!!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
A fellow worker and myself went on a little bear hunt saturday. We saw a big bear crossing the paved road just a little way from the turn off. I thought this a good start.
Since he had not scouted the spot this year we went in at daylight. We basicly still hunted up a creek, checked 2 berry patches for sign. Then we started heading for a saddle in the ridge looking for acorns on the way.
We were standing in the saddle trying to decide which way to go, when i heard him say theres a bear right there. Since i have already killed a bear he had first shot. He squatted next to a tree for a rest. The bear saw this movment. He sat down facing us. I still cannot locate him in my binos. My bud says i am going to shoot him. I hear the hammer cock. Clack, misfire, explative, cock the hammer, misfire, two explatives. He says you shoot it. By this time the bear starts walking. He looks like a hundred pounder to me i decline. By the time my buddy loads up another primer the bear is trotting into a thicket.
My buddy is practicly jumping up and down. He has been in the area multiple times and never seen a bear while hunting. When he does, his muzzle loader wont fire. When we get back to the truck he shoots it. BOOOOMMM, it goes of with no problem.
We had fun though. I had a great time saturday evening, even though i didnt see any big game. I sat next to a big boulder and listened to the river, the birds and squirrels. Couldnt here any vehicles or airplanes. It was great.

LanceColeman

Sounds lake the high road on what used to be lake Burton WMA. If it is is the berry crop doing any good this year??

J Ferguson

Po ole Shawn caint catch a break can he...I bet you had trouble calmin him back down...That ole boy gets excited...

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Yeah when i started hiking up the ridge he said hold my hearts is about to jump out of my chest.
That boy has got more storys to tell than anybody i know. There all hilarious too.