Wall Gun

torrente1

This gun I found after a shooting match in PA-it actually shoots!! The owner shot a doe with it once. Shoots a 4ga ball-that's a quarter pound for those who don't know this. Pretty cool I thought you guys would be interested in this information.

Attachments

• P1020460.jpg
    P1020460.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 559
  • P1020459.JPG
    P1020459.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 2,821

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Looks like a punt gun or market gun.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like a punt gun or market gun.

Sure does! Are there any marks on it, like it might have been tied to the front of a boat with wire or something?

Love to know the history behind that one. :)

boneboy96

that is one big ole gun right there!

R

redneckcamo

4 gauge ...4 oz. projectile :hair::hair::hair:

flintlock bazooka :bounce::bounce::bounce:

thanx for sharing that man !!:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a cool gun, looks like you could flatten a barn with it. Here's a wall gun in action at a reenactment at Fort Louden, TN a couple years ago. It looked very similar to yours except it was considerably longer. They fired it by having one guy hold the barrel up on his shoulder. It also had a mount on the forearm that fit into a swivel mount on the fort wall.

Attachments

• wallgun.jpg
    wallgun.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 443

Cknerr

Unless you have a chiro handy, don't suggest trying to fire it.

I fired a 4 bore once (similar to 4ga). Stupid enough to try it once, smart enough not to repeat. It is an elephant gun with the 1500 grain (1/4 pound of lead) ball. Suppose to use 440grains of BP. Thankfully he put in 220 grains...only. Sheesh, rocked my world! I am 6'2 and weigh 240 - took at least one step back to prevent getting deposited on my back side. Nothing like the size if your punt gun. This thing looked more like a conventional muzzle stuffer with the darndest sized barrel on it.

Wish I still had the picture of putting the end of the barrel of my 50 cal Hawkins inside his bore. Gives a new meaning to the word bigger.

Cool piece of history,
Chris

torrente1

The guy built it he said it took him several years to find all the necessary parts. He said it was indeed a Wall Gun. He was out huntin' one day, he had to build some shooting sticks for it and shot a doe and there was a huge cloud of smoke from all the powder and he didn't know which way she went. All he remembered is pulling the trigger-kind of insane if you ask me!

Cknerr

:rofl: couldn't find it? lol :rofl: should have looked in the trees around him - he should have been able to find a few shreds of flesh?

With that size bullet flying close it, the vacuum likely pulled the skin off of it!! Happen to see a naked deer go streaking by?

remembers pulling the trigger, and doesn't realize he was passed out for 10 minutes?

Sorry about the sad jokes...can't resist! That thing kills at one end and mutilates at the others. Still, that is one cool smoke pole!

Take care,
Chris

torrente1

I heard that. He was leaning up against a tree too so I'm sure he was knocked out for a spell. The question is which end is getting killed and which end is getting mutilated? I mean they used these things to sink boats. The good thing is that with this you don't need to field dress you just pick up the quarters and go!