Houston Valley OHV Area

poolecw

The Houston Valley OHV Area is part of the Chattahoochee National Forest in North West GA. Does anyone know if it is legal to coon hunt it? I rode through the parking lot today on my lunch break and saw several people in their camo on 4 wheelers. Some had tree stands and it looked like they had been deer hunting. If its open to deer hunters, you would think that coon hunters could hunt it too. There's nothing in the regs about it.

xhunterx

it used to be open for coon hunting, we used to hunt there alot years ago. i'm sure it still is, you can check with the forest service at chatsworth to be certain

Jim Ammons

The Houston Valley OHV Area is part of the Chattahoochee National Forest in North West GA. Does anyone know if it is legal to coon hunt it? I rode through the parking lot today on my lunch break and saw several people in their camo on 4 wheelers. Some had tree stands and it looked like they had been deer hunting. If its open to deer hunters, you would think that coon hunters could hunt it too. There's nothing in the regs about it.

You have a PM.

D

Dawgy_Daddy

You can coon hunt Houston valley. The gates close Jan 1 thru Mar 31 but you can still park and walk if you want to.

poolecw

Hey guys, I appreciate all the information.