Cedar Creek WMA Report

E

Etter1

I just got back from cedar creek. Man was it slow with the heat and full moon. I saw a lot of deer but only when I was walking through the thickets and busting them out of their beds. I sat all day Wednesday and til 2 today and didn't see the first deer from the stand. I camped with some fellas from south georgia and they killed a nice ten and a dandy 8 on wednesday morning. Both had black hocks and one was chasing a doe big time. They said the doe was gasping for air with her tongue out. I think about 20 killed wednesday and maybe 1 or 2 by noon today. It was super slow. People who don't believe in the full moon are badly mistaken. I am definitely going down for some of the later hunts because the kill was so low on this one. Putnam and Jasper county, look out. Those deer are getting ready to rut big time!

GA DAWG

Man that is SLOW.The last one I hunted I checked out a deer the first morning about 11am it made #83.Took another one to check out the next day and it was #120.Yeah I would say the next few hunts on cedar creek should still have lots of deer.

matthewsman

not bad down there

Hunted Fri and didn't see anything.I went to the check station and they had 59 killed(all bucks1st three days was buck only)with570 or so hunters checked in.Soooo, about 10% not too shabby in spite of the weather...donnie

Latest posts