Help trappin red fox?

FLdeerHunter25

Anybody got any advice on trapping red fox? What they eat? what will attract them?

FLdeerHunter25

Thanks for the tips! Any others appreciated. I hunt deer and have never messed with fox but I know it would make a nice mount!

famlytraprz

foxes

Foxes are relatively easy to catch with foothold traps but if you have never trapped go to trapperman.com for the basic sets and trap preparation. As far as bait, any tainted meat will work but you need to either go with an experienced trapper or pick up some knowledge on the website or foxes will give you fits. Hope this helps!

stuckbuck

Last season I caught two one night with old deer meat.
But I will say this, seat the trap really really good because
they will dig it up and still the bait if they feel it wobbling!

awr72

use a dirt hole set wont go in depth but put a bit of tainted meat in bottom of hole then use a bit of attractant i like hawbakers widowmaker attractant outside the hole make it look like a dog has hunted and dug something up dont center your trap offset it as they will come with there nose center to it there feet will be off center bed it good use a good pan cover and you can also block approach from back of set with anything natural use clean traps gloves and kneel cloth i know its a huge run on sentence buts thats how i roll lol :cheers:

awr72

and btw a good mist of fox urine around the set makes it very foxy lol dont be intimidated talk to a trapper and go online get the info you need and have fun:cheers:

awr72

and i have to throw in not meaning to kick a dead horse but dogs are canines so know where your trapping and pets in area they will go to it just like a fox just a good thing to know invest in a good catch pole just get all the info ya can:banana:

awr72

ok one more thing and ill shut up lol the best investment you can make is subscribe to[ fur fish and game magazine] no im not a salesman but i grew up with this mag via my grandaddy an avid trapper and it has it all for trappers hunters fisherman varmit hunters and naturalist has monthly hide prices and some very good trapping links check it out:cool: