?? for the DNR

sghoghunter

I got 2 tickets yesterday for huntn w/o permission and possesion of illegaly taken wildlife.My ? is when I pay these tickets will I get my gun back?

sghoghunter

Been huntn this place for 15 yrs on verbal permission and between keeping out local kids and killing a good 11pt last year im not welcome anymore.

Robk

Depends on the judge. if the DNR needs a certain type of firearm for a teaching tool they can make the request that the judge confiscate it. It them becomes property of the state to be used as needed.

oldman 45

Friend of mine lost jeep and guns years ago, when all was said and done they gave him the opportunity to buy them all back which he did because all the stuff belonged to his brother.:shoot:

Gumbo1

Been huntn this place for 15 yrs on verbal permission and between keeping out local kids and killing a good 11pt last year im not welcome anymore.

Well, that's not good. I am interested to find out what happens. Wonder if DNR tickets are like speeding tickets, if you can just pay the fine, but then I would guess not. Court time with the Judge, maybe you have a shot at keeping the gun if you did not know your verbal permission had been revoked.

R

redneckcamo

written permission is the law and I bet you already knew that so you gambled and lost and will probably not get the gun back :(:(

written permission is the law and I bet you already knew that so you gambled and lost and will probably not get the gun back :(:(

Written permission isn't the law.

Written permission is only required if the property is actually posted with posted signs.

Otherwise, verbal permission is good enough.

I suspect that most hunters in Georgia only have verbal permission to hunt the land they hunt.

Gaducker

Written permission isn't the law.

Written permission is only required if the property is actually posted with posted signs.

Otherwise, verbal permission is good enough.

I suspect that most hunters in Georgia only have verbal permission to hunt the land they hunt.

I have been asked for my permission slip by the man on land that was not posted on more than one occasion.

key words he started the thread with "im not welcome anymore" apparently he already new he did not have permission....so therefore....ya poached...sorry man

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
key words he started the thread with "im not welcome anymore" apparently he already new he did not have permission....so therefore....ya poached...sorry man

Not so fast to come to a conclusion. He didnt say that. He may not have known he didnt have permission anymore.

stev

Banned
Written permission paper is a must.Even if your in a club on private property from what i was told.

HOGDOG76

I done told you anyone who hunts with a gun is just a poacher anyway! Should have took your bow and nobody would have heard the shot.why only two he didnt see the corn?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I would probably call the officer that wrote the ticket and ask him.

T