Ants

DanTroop2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have ants in my dishwasher not on counter just dishwasher. How do they get there and how do I kill them

jason4445

Ants go where the food is - you probably have some food and gunky stuff at the bottom of your dishwasher where the plastic thing that strains the water as it is circulated. Take the bottom rack out, the thing that squirts out the water out and below that should be the strainer. It should be attached by springs or metal clips and ought to lift out. First clean around it before you remove it and be careful cause if any glass broke in the washer that is where it will be.

If it is yucked up clean real well and reinstall.

Best thing to kill ants is Terro. A small plastic bottle with a clear sticky fluid in it. Put out drops of it and let ants eat it, they will carry it back to the nest and everyone dies.

petral3

I used a company called Do-It-Yourself Pest Control and the guys that worked there really helped me out. It was a lot cheaper than an exterminator if you decide to go that route the number to them is 770-458-5090

tzingleman

There is also a dishwasher cleaner that I bought from the grocery store. You run it in the silverware tray with nothing else i nthe washer, the hot water melts a seal, and it does a great job of cleaning out the inside of the machine. Made the entire inside look like new and stopped gunk deposits on my dishes.

cmghunter

ants go where the food is - you probably have some food and gunky stuff at the bottom of your dishwasher where the plastic thing that strains the water as it is circulated. Take the bottom rack out, the thing that squirts out the water out and below that should be the strainer. It should be attached by springs or metal clips and ought to lift out. First clean around it before you remove it and be careful cause if any glass broke in the washer that is where it will be.

If it is yucked up clean real well and reinstall.

Best thing to kill ants is terro. A small plastic bottle with a clear sticky fluid in it. Put out drops of it and let ants eat it, they will carry it back to the nest and everyone dies.

x2 ..

YankeeRedneck

There is also a dishwasher cleaner that I bought from the grocery store. You run it in the silverware tray with nothing else i nthe washer, the hot water melts a seal, and it does a great job of cleaning out the inside of the machine. Made the entire inside look like new and stopped gunk deposits on my dishes.
I need this what's it called ?