Magic Marker Stain in Carpet?

jason4445

The only thing that will work is a chemical solvent and from my experience all it does is take a small stain and enlarge it to a big discoloration. If you spend a lot of time and use a rag barely damp with the solvent dabbing you can get most of it out, but there will still be a noticeable discolored area. The best thing is if you have any of the carpet left over to cut the stained area out and cut a piece exactly to fit into what you have removed and glue it in - that is the only way. Of course if you have no spare carpet and there is a sofa or piece of furniture that will always stay in the same place, cut a piece out from under it then clean the stained piece with the solvent at the sink and put that where you got the other piece out from under the sofa.

multihunter

Try goof off

Dab it with a little goof off, if you don't use too much it will not harm the carpet & the stain will be completely gone.

WoodUSMC

GON Network Member
We use denatured alcohol at work to remove permanent marker torque marks from equipment that we are rebuilding. Completely removes the permanent marker from metal and plastic surfaces. I also use it to remove Sika plex sealant from my shirts when I happen to get it on me. Don't know how it will work for carpet.

Chris

Pat Tria

Before you attempt trying various solutions, may I suggest that you make a mark on a spare piece of carpet and run some tests. If it don't work.....who cares, move on to the next one until you are satisfied with the results.