Turkey Sounds

Gadget

I think the only real one was the gobble.

I like listening to real turkeys for practice, it teaches a lot more in my opinion. They'll change cadence and pitch at weird times and make you think twice about the way you call. Some of the cd's with real turkey can help you tell the difference between a jake gobble and a tom, or a gobbler yelp vs a hen.

There are several CD's on the market, Cody has a good one.

Last edited:

gobblergitter

"Spittin' Feathers" has helped me tremendously!!! You don't have to sound like Walter Parrott or Joe Drake to call up a bird. Just listen to the cadence and "broken rhythm" of some yelping sequences of real birds and you'll know what I mean. I do wish I was as good as those guys, however.

Raven

Banned
The Lovett Williams CD's are excellent as well, talk about getting you juiced to chase the big bird. Man I about eat the dashboard off after a few minutes listening to those things.

Gadget

Raven said:
The Lovett Williams CD's are excellent as well, talk about getting you juiced to chase the big bird. Man I about eat the dashboard off after a few minutes listening to those things.

Yep, I need to order another one of his.

Real turkey talk is the way to go, when I first listened to one of those tapes I was astonished at how some hens would slow and speed up or change the tone and volume right in the middle of a call.

Raven

Banned
Yea there inflection and cadence is amazing, it made me more effective as a caller. Real Hens are great teachers, what has always astonished me more is the "flock talk" that you can only here when they are really close, you know it has to make a difference sometimes as to why ol tom hangs up.