would a bank let you hunt forclosed land?

Luke0927

I doubt this but figured I'd asked to see if anyone has tried...I know where sun trust has taken over 90 acres that would be real good to hunt...on the tax property it list a persons name at suntrust....anyone think there would be a remote chance you could get bowhunting permission? I say it would probably be a liability to them but if no one has ever asked maybe so?

david w.

i asked a bank this before and they say no because they dont want to cover you if you get hurt.maybe banks are diffrent though wouldnt hurt to ask.

K80

Doubtful

Luke0927

same thing I figured....what type of person at the bank did you asked...I'm sure they'd say if you want to hunt it buy it LOL! would be nice if i had $4 million!

david w.

all i did was call the number that was on the sign and some lady anwsered and i asked her and she said no so i said fine then be that way and hung up:D

Fletch_W

Banned
Tell them you are interested in buying it and would like to survey the land and walk around it. Then bring your bow with you.

I doubt this but figured I'd asked to see if anyone has tried...I know where sun trust has taken over 90 acres that would be real good to hunt...on the tax property it list a persons name at suntrust....anyone think there would be a remote chance you could get bowhunting permission? I say it would probably be a liability to them but if no one has ever asked maybe so?

I'd be very surprised if you could get permission.

stev

Banned
Depends on who you know at that bank.I hunt some but i know the president of the bank and he hunts foreclosure land also with me.Most banks dont want the hastle

swamp hunter

I,m down here in Foreclosure Central S. Fla. The Bank has seen this Property twice when the loan guy drove by in his Lexas and rolled down the window. They got lots of pretty maps and boundry line surveys . thats all they know. Calling them is a waste of time. An old Southern term comes to mind. Slippin is what Grand Dad called it.

crackerdave

I,m down here in Foreclosure Central S. Fla. The Bank has seen this Property twice when the loan guy drove by in his Lexas and rolled down the window. They got lots of pretty maps and boundry line surveys . thats all they know. Calling them is a waste of time. An old Southern term comes to mind. Slippin is what Grand Dad called it.

I come from a long line of "slippers!";) I don't need to do it anymore,but if I was hongry I might.:biggrin3:

Rich M

In FL if you tresspass with a gun or bow you are committing a felony. Get convicted and you could lose your gun rights.

swamp hunter

Yep ,Suppose your right there Rich , But we ain,t talkin the Family Farm here , or behind some Shopping Center. Fella shot 3 Does bout two weeks ago down the road in a big Cow Pasture. It,s owned by Mega Real Estate Folks from Germany . GFC got him for the Does , But Mr, Mega would,t even press charges for simple Trespass. That means their Big Lawyer,s gonna have to do some $300 an hour work . I ain,t sayin do , But I did plenty for a long spell in my younger years , And some young local boys still do it all the time. Course like I said this place down here ain,t nothing like Georgia. We got land owners from all over the world. Folks across the street for me live in China . Never seen them.

O

Otis

Never hurts to ask, worse they can say is no. Maybe offer to care for the land and its upkeep until sold?