For the turkey hunters...

Handgunner

My mom has been watching around 30 turkeys in her back yard (a 60 acre or so field), and luckily, I had my camera with me on this day. It was hard to count them, but there were around 23-26 in this bunch. Not all turkeys are in the picture. Some are in the field pecking around.

They were feeding on my uncles grass patch.. which is about 400 yards long and about 30 yards wide, running right through the middle of a grown up field. When this picture was taken, we were about 100 yards from them. I mouth gobbled to get them to stick their heads up to say "cheese" for me.. :D

Enjoy...

Attachments

• flock.jpg
    flock.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 124

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yessir, that`s a promise of good times to come!

Arrow3

Looks like a bunch of hens.....Man, it would be hard to compete with all those ladies...:D

Handgunner

That's why we need a fall turkey season...

NO I DIDN'T just go there! :rofl: :bounce: ::gone:

Gadget

Delton said:
That's why we need a fall turkey season...

NO I DIDN'T just go there! :rofl: :bounce: ::gone:

LOL>.................. nice pic

Randy

Dad saw a flock Friday when deer hunting. A flock of gobblers that he says he quit counting at 30! Now last year I had a hard time hearing one on the land. Two years ago I had a flock of 17 jakes standing in front of my Dad and I on opening morning. Now I think I know why? I think with all these gobblers they may be scared to gobble. I bet my run and gun style ran away from some silent ones last year. This year I may just sit a call more.