Is this a Black Coyote?? Dawson Forest...

SSgt Wilbanks

It has oval paws and was very black..IMG00212.jpg

IMG00213.jpg

Sorry for the photo quality. It was taken on my cell phone..

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep, and a dandy at that!

buttplate

U g l y

That is one UGLY mut!! Did you shoot him?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
no it's a black...........

T

GA DAWG

Looks different to me..Where is it? I'll head up there and see it..

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
...it doesn't have a collar::ke:

Looks like a yote.

Bkeepr

Looks like a yote. My dad had a coydog, it had a broader chest and shorter muzzle. It's body language was coyote. But it was a really good pet.

GA DAWG

No doubt about it..It is a yote..I went and looked at it..:bounce:

Staygold

Yote, my brother in law killed one up just north of there earlier this year and had a full mount done. Turned out real nice!

Rays123

i had some pics of a black yote on my club in dawson county, but i cant seem to find them. if i find the pic ill post it here

Big Buck Hunter

That is for sure a yote. I was shed hunting last January and felt like something was watching me while I was looking around in the woods. Walked back to camp to grab a drink and a black yote came down the road I just walked down and at first I thought it was a dog and then realize it was a black coyote. I looked at him and he looked at me, went to grab my gun out of the truck and he took off. I hope to cross paths with him or her again, would love to get one mounted.

Had one o property we hunted. Daughter had it come in but she wasn't able to shoot it. Too much of a dog lover and she thought it was cute.lol I never had a chance at him but did see him running down the road in front of my truck. I had a coyote pack in with our hog dogs yesterday while running hogs.

Latest posts