License Question

shark_hunter

I went and got my duck stuff today (HIP, Waterfowl, and Duck Stamp). My fishing license expires next week and the rest of my hunting stuff expires in March. I wanted to just get a sportsman license since that covers everything. Bass Pro told me that the system wouldn't allow them do it because the license's will overlap. Is this correct? Is there a way around it? I hate having three experiation dates. That means I have to pay 3 conveniences fee at $3.75 every year. I know it's not much, but that's $11.25 a year. Over a 10 year period, that's $112.50 just in convenience fees. That's a lot of money that could be spent on shotgun shells instead :biggrin2:. Is there anyway to get around this other than waiting for everything to expire and start fresh?

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
Go on the DNR web site and buy it on line. User friendly per. DNR!!!!

bowbuck

I work in a retail shop that sells licenses and that was one of the issues that we had when the system first started. I think now, that they have changed it to you being able to buy within a 30 day or so window of expiration so you don't have to let it expire. It really is one of the crazy quirks of the system. In my opinion the system is what it is and I have just accepted it as how we do things now, but they have slowly fixed some of the less than intelligent things it had built in when first started. I would call the 1-800 number and see what they can tell you, perhaps they can override the system and sell you a sportsman. I mean that would be another 3 bucks for them.

yaknfish

My fishing, hunting, WMA all expired at different times. This year, I just bought a Sportsman online. Problem solved. And you can always print a replacement if it gets wet and soggy.

watermedic

Lifetime is what I did. With the addition of alligator season, it was over 100 bucks a year. Being a veteran, it only cost me $400. Sounded like a deal to me.

Chuck

Just get a Sportsman's License. It's $60 and you only have to pay the convenience fee once per year. Either that, or go to the nearest DNR office and buy a Lifetime License and never pay the convenience fee. If you are 16-61, it's $500 ($400 for veterans). If you're 62-64, it's $90. My dad just got that one this year. He should have listened to me 10 years ago and bought the lifetime license back then. He still would have come out cheaper.

SuperYank

Seeins how I've never seen the Man in 25 years of hunting deer and duck, and seeins how GA redistrubutes the money from specialty license plates every year, does anyone know if those jokers in the legislature are redirecting money from hunting/fishing licenses? I'm to the point where I jsut don't believe that the money is being spent as adverised and I'd just as soon write DU a check and take my chances.

Gentleman4561

I got a lifetime over the summer when i was still 15....great plan. Will pay for its self in a few years

Latest posts