non resident hunting lisc

How much if any should non resi lisc increase?

• none

Votes: 63 56.3%

Votes: 7 6.3%

Votes: 11 9.8%

Votes: 31 27.7%

• Total voters

gabowman

D2D, point well taken.....now if a person from Ohio comes to Georgia to hunt our big game do we drop the price of their out of state liscenses to match what they charge you and me to hunt up there (an eye for an eye)? That would be a total of a whopping $110 for the entire season. Just food for thought....

GB

SlipperyHill Mo

Agree With D2D

$177 is enough to hunt deer. The reciprocal price is good idea like D2D said.

However if the resident license goes up to help with costs the non resident should go up the same amount.

A cheaper 7 day license like Alabam has for about $77 is a good idea if somebody want to hunt only once. $144 is too high fro our 7 day license.

Jeff Phillips

I could not vote!

I think the resident and non-resident should both be raised, with the increase going directly to DNR.

ncman

no no no

First a person is not responsible for the price of a non-resident liscence from their state. They don't make the rules. If they choose to hunt here and could make a deal with you to hunt their state, i'm quite sure they would like to just swap even with no money exchanged.
Second; I know i've heard it on here many, many, many times and just read atleast two letters in GON about how they can't afford to hunt anymore, they can't afford to pass on the tradition, they can't afford to lease a tract of land, blah, blah, on and on. Why in the world would you want to increase the price more when you already complain so much about the price of hunting now.
There is this guy at my work, (jeffw can vouch for this), that loves to complain. I have seen him be able to get his way (on different issues) after arguing with our supervisor and still will not take it, just so he can complain about it. I think some of you on here are like him. Anyways go out and vote today. :flag:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Why don't we just do it the way income taxes are figured?

Pay 1/2 % of your taxable income under the amount of $200,000 and 2% of that amount of $200K. Your children pay 1/4 of whatever you pay. Unless you pass away in which case they pay 50% of the value of your estate into a trust fund for the future of hunting in Georgia. Of course should the hunter be married an adittional 1-2% tax should be added, just for kicks and giggles.

Once this election is over, let's fight to get the "Fair Tax" in place!

:flag:

ncman

Sure is funny how you guys are quick to jump on this thread and ain't touched gobblestopper exact thread on resident licences.

Bowhunter24

I dont think the dnr should raise non-resident licence, i mean if u bow bunt and i do, thats $202 every year i spend on licence and last year there were 33,000 hunters from florida that were paying that thats alot of money. And not just the license but we do put alot of money into the enconmy on gas, procesesing, eats, and etc.... I think the non-residents do more that there part. What does a resdident hunting license cost like $13??? If so why not rais that to like $20 or even $25 thats not pocket breaking and being the dnr needs the money that bad it shouldnt be a problem

bowhunter, 33,000 hunter from Florida last year? wow, no doubt we need to raise the non resi fee's. Just think about how many of the open jobs within the DNR we could fill.

Heck with jut the 33,000 from florida paying an additional 50 bucks each next year that would amount to $1,650,000.00 :yeah:

Megadawg

GABOWHUNTER
In Ohio 110 is just the start. 24.00 for a deer permit and if u are lucky enough to hunt a county that alows 3 deer that is an additional 24.00 per deer. I that is not taking in to account that gun season is shotgun smokepole or handgun and is only 1 week long. Heck they even give the kids a holiday for deer season. I agree some states have pretty steep prices and that they should either come down or pay inflated prices when they come to georgia.... My wife dad come down here from Ohio ever year and is amazed how liberal we are when it comes to hunting. shoot one in ohio and that better the only one until that one is checked in at any local checkin station. Ours up north is 15 miles away.

duckbill

This is a HOT TOPIC for me. Go talk to the locals in the small towns where we hunt. They'll tell you that if it weren't for us hunters, the towns would not survive. They rely on us solely. I already can't afford to come up enough because of lease prices going up and gas prices. If Georgia DNR hits us for more money, myself and a whole lot of FL boys will be driving THROUGH Georgia to hunt in Alabama and not drop a dime. If GA DNR can't get it done on the money we pay, they are mismanaging it. Don't charge me just because of their incompitence.
Sorry to vent, but this subject gripes me bad.

Duck, "They'll tell you that if it weren't for us hunters, the towns would not survive. They rely on us solely"

Please let me know which city it is that soley relys on hunters for survival. I'd like to talk with some of those folks.

Michael Lee

The issue is NOT mismanagement of funds by the DNR. It is the constant budget cuts by our state government that is taking away from the DNR's budgets, just as they do the University that I work for.

I vote for all fees to go up, resdient and non-resident. I pay $34 per year for hunting (deer, turkey, small game), fishing, big game, and primitive weapons. I know that is nothing compared to out of state fees, but for me to do the same thing in Florida it would cost me $261.50 for hunting only, that is more than the $202 than it costs for FL residents to come here.

Oh, and FL just raised the turkey permit last year to $100, that is an increase from $5. What's up with that?? They are cashing in on non-residents hunting the Osceola, which is not even recognized if taken in North FL.

ML

duckbill

ML, I agree with you on the Turkey permit. That's just wrong.
I agree with you 100%. If you're going to raise the fees, do it to everybody. I shouldn't accuse the DNR of mismanaging...my bad. It just ticks me off when these guys want us out-of-state folks to pay more, but aren't willing to pay more themselves.

Michael Lee

Dog,

If my Math is right $27.50, I think.

Bill,

We are on the same page bud. Everyone should help, not just non-residents.

ML

Megadawg

Somewhere i heard a figure that 75% of the money u pay for lisc goes directly to dnr. Dont know how true it is, but if it is it still is not enough. Our wonderful lawmakers have really let me down this past term. But maybe with some fresh minds things will start to look up...

Bowhunter24

I believe that gobblestopper has an issue for non-residents especially from fl. Why should it be all up to the non-residents to pay for the dnr mismanagement of funds??? Also reading in ur other posts about making the non-residents pay more for there fines if they are caught for wrong doing and leaving the residents to pay less, is pretty stupid, i agree with stiffer fines on law violaters but it should be for ANYONE who breaks the law not just out of towners. Good thing theres not to many guys out there that thinks like u and has an issue for fl guys, cause im sure if there was we would take all 33,000 of us and head to bama. I would pay a lil bit more i would be willing to pay $225 as long as the resdients were also having to pay an increase i think its apart of the geaorgia people to help as much as it is for us visitors to help not soley the non-residents. Yall have a good week for im off for the week to hunt, good hunting everyone :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Lee

2. No posts will be allowed containing personal attacks or - harassing - inflammatory - vulgar - abusive - threatening - sexually orientated - hateful - or obsene language. This includes typing around the censors that are set in place and will be enforced to the best of our ability. - Please remember many of our Members allow their young Children to read this Board along with their Wives. We also have many Ladies included in our membership with quite a few Preachers/Pastors and we also have viewers from other Countries. ---------- There are no boundries ----or age--race--sex barriers when it comes to being a Hunter.