Heat problem with 99 Expedition....Need help

CollinsCraft77

I've got a 99 Expedition and I'm having problems with the heat. It has front and rear systems. At first, neither heated very well. So, I changed the thermostat. That didn't work. I was told heater core, so I went and bought one. However, I was told to check the old core for blockage before I started this task. We checked it and found it had no blockage nor has it been leaking. Somebody suggested air in system so we did everything we could to get all air out of system. Primarily by squeezing top radiator hose a million times.

And this caused the rear system to heat excellent and the front to at least get warm. But still not hot. The blend door is working fine and it does seem to be a tad warmer when actually driving it but still nothing like the rear or where it should be.

Any suggestions? The above made the rear heat fine but I've tried everything other than taking the whole vehicle apart to change the core in the front. Just can't seem to grasp why the rear is now working and the front is not.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

BDD

I have a 99 Expedition, and had the problem with the front heat. It turned
Out to be the temp control knob on the dash. You can turn it but it wasn't
Changing the temp. Sometime if you mess with it a little, changing it back a forth
Pretty quick the temp would change. I had Ford replace the board in the dash.

I also had a friend with the same year model that had the same problem as I did.

Harlee

I have a 99 Expedition, and had the problem with the front heat. It turned
Out to be the temp control knob on the dash. You can turn it but it wasn't
Changing the temp. Sometime if you mess with it a little, changing it back a forth
Pretty quick the temp would change. I had Ford replace the board in the dash.

I also had a friend with the same year model that had the same problem as I did.

Had the same problem with my 99 F-150. I would turn the knob back and forth several times quickly, and you would hear the difference in the fan when it switched to heat.