Does anyone know?

ts3600

If there will be any Bear hunts opening up in any new counties for 2010? I am in a lease in Twiggs county bordering Ocmulgee WMA and we are eat up with bears. All the leases around us are also. I had someone tell me that A DNR ranger said that they are considering a hunt in Twiggs. Don't know if it is true. Has anyone else heard or know? We have too many!!!!

Darkhorse

I hunt in Houston south of WR, same here, overrun by bears. 2 years ago DNR said next year. Next year is this year and no bear hunt. A couple other ranges were on our property early this season and were pressed for an answer; 2 years they said.
Call your county and state reps. it will take more than you and me to get something going.

ts3600

I found out that there is a meeting planned and that GDNR is considering adding Twiggs, Houston and one other county to the Bear Hunt list this year. They would like for as many hunters to come as possible. I will post details as soon as I know them

houston5

Twiggs County

I would like to know as well if there is going to be any hunts in twiggs.We own 600 acres in Twiggs/ Bleckly and have a crap load of bear on our property.I had one about a 200lb come to the base of the tree were i was deer hunting during bow season.I will try to post some of my trail cam pics shortly.I know that there is at least 5/6 different bears in just the pics i have(one has to be over 400lbs).I also have one with a white patch on his back let me know if anyone else has seen him in this area.