Civil War Relics

GaBuckSlammer

How can I know the values of many relics I possess? I inherited thousands of civil war bullets and mini balls ( a few that hit head on in mid air and are fused together), union and confederate buckles, breast, and box plates, bayonets, cannonballs, parrot shells, grapeshots, etc.

I remember going with my dad a few times when I was a kid, but most all of it he dug up and found in Georgia in the mid 60's - mid 70's. When I was a kid he could pick one up out of a bucket or box and tell me just about the location of almost any item. But an inventory or catalog he never made. Now that he's gone, many of the memories and tales are as well.

I really need to get some glass cabinets or something to store/display some of the artifacts if I'm going to keep them.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Raines

you can check ebay all kinda relics on there.

There is a relic price guide,I can't remember the exact name right now

gin house

i dont have any relics but if i did i would put them in a safe, and probably wouldnt advertise them much online, most people are good but some you dont know about but thats awesome, i love to see that kind of stuff

Capt Quirk

I have a small Union brass buckle, and it took me years to find somebody who could identify it. Turned out to be a buckle for the leather straps on ammo crates. Still haven't been able to get it appraised.

msm

I have a small Union brass buckle, and it took me years to find somebody who could identify it. Turned out to be a buckle for the leather straps on ammo crates. Still haven't been able to get it appraised.

dug yankee cartridge box plate, ex. cond 225. to 325. prem. for location dug.

Capt Quirk

Wow MSM, you did better than I did. Now... how much if it wasn't excavated? It had been hanging on a belt in a basement for years.