New 870 mods

Ricochet

I got my Remington 870 ready to go now with some new mods i.e. new SureShot stock and foreend grip and Burris Speedbead red dot. :banana:

Bring on the turkeys! :shoot:

Attachments

• SDC10731s.JPG
    SDC10731s.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 769
  • SDC10733s.JPG
    SDC10733s.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 687

Huntinfool

Nice. I never have really liked the look of that sureshot stock. Just can't figure out why they needed to put that bar connecting the grip to the butt. But, I'm not gonna knock you for it. If you like it, then have at it my man.

Very nicely put together gun though. Come on March!

trkyhntr70

Looks great!
I like the feel of the shurshot and had one on a 870, it just didnt work for me without a scope. May put a Burris Fastfire on it next year and add the shurshot with it.

Ricochet

Thanks! :)

I guess that bar gives it the look of a thumb-hole stock, which is what use to be on my gun. Also, it is probably serving as some kind of reinforcement since it is a lightweight stock. It is noticeably lighter, which is a big plus.

Huntinfool

Yeh, like I said....not knocking it. I just am not partial to the look.

Ricochet

I hear ya...no worries. :cheers:

Huntinfool

I'll be curious to hear what you think about the speedbead. I've got two fastfires mounted on guns and they are spectacular. Speadbeed is just differently mounted. Seems like it would be a good idea.

nhancedsvt

Banned
How exactly is the speed bead mounted?

whitetaco02

How exactly is the speed bead mounted?

From Cabelas:

To install, simply take off the butt and position the sight directly between the butt and receiver. Place it directly in line with the ventilated rib and shoot away. Operates on one CR-2032 battery (included).

Did you buy that gun with the camo pattern already on the barrell and receiver? Looks good, matches your stock awesome. If thats added camo whered you get it, id like to throw some on my 870

Ricochet

It has a metal frame mount, which basically sandwiches between the stock and receiver.

My 870 is a SPS-T with Mossy Oak Obsession, and they sale this new stock and fore-end grip in the same pattern. Thanks, it does look good! :)

nhancedsvt

Banned
I had a gun for a little while that had the SureShot stock and I really liked it. The only problem I had with that gun was the barrel was just a little too short for me. Yours looks great though!

Gecko

I too have a Remington 870 SPS-T Shur Shot Synthetic Turkey. It came in a nice durable covering of Realtree APG. I absolutely love this shotgun. I got it at the end of deer season last year and hunted with it last spring. I think that the ambidextrous stock is great, you can comfortably shoot it right or left handed. I still like the fully adjustable fiber optic sights that it came with. I am considering some sort of sight/scope, thanks for the info on the Speed Bead. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on shells patterning the thing. Out of about 20 different loads, I went with the 3" Winchester Supreme Elite High Density 1 3/4 oz. #5's. With this load and a Primos Jellyhead, it is deadly. Time at the patterning board can be a grueling affair but worth the investment in pain. Took that gobbler in my avatar early last spring.