Congrats to Benny Briggs!!

Nitro

Banned
For winning the GA State Turkey calling championship at Unicoi on Saturday.!!!!

He is a fine man and callmaker.

alex30808

I have to say the same...Benny has taken many folks who knew nothing about calling and made them champs....He is a fine fella and I am blessed to know him.

Arrow3

I need to call him and get a couple of his mouth calls...

Burl E.

call contest

One story about the call contest.
My partner and I were eating at the restaurant. After sitting there for a little bit we seen this couple sitting at the table behind us.
The callers in the contest had finised the first round and were in the lobby area there praticing. We all know how the callers will adapt a turkey like peck, bob and weave action when they call.
These people were looking a little puzzled. My partner turned and asked, "Are ya'll here for the convention?" When they turned and replied, "No, we just walked into this one." I had the "cold beverage" I was drinking, spew a world record distance of about 15 feet from my nose.

Whew, that stings.

The more calling went on, the more puzzled they looked. The more puzzled they looked, the more I laughed.
I finaly had to get up and leave for a little bit, to regain my composure.
I bet when they got home they had some storys to tell about the "Turkey People" that invaded the Unicoi lodge this past weeekend.

And, I FINALY won a gun at a banquet. I bet I have spent $2000.00 trying to win one. A Win. Model 70 270 WSM. Anybody have any money I can barrow so I can put a scope on it? :huh: :cheers: :pop:

Al33

Congrat's on winning the fun Burl!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Didn't make this years event after making the previous 15 in a row. Really nissed not being there. Glad you all had a great time.

Good deal for Benny, and yes, he is a fine gentleman.

DaddyPaul

Mr. Benny is a great guy in my opinion! I have never met him face to face but I feel like I know him and his wife from talking on the phone with them. I usually buy 6 or 8 calls from him every year and particularly like his "White Lightning". Congrats Mr. Benny on winning the state this year!

Randy

Arrow3 said:
I need to call him and get a couple of his mouth calls...

Me too! I always order about 10 tantilizers each year.