Strutters

dfhooked

Man, I will be the first to admit that the past few weeks I have had turkeys on my brain......BAD. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I severely neglected my waterfowling addiction this year and have yet to hunt out of state. I was at the farm today flagging some areas to put woods plots and roads and also checking the cameras. As i popped out of the duck swamp and up to the back field I noticed red heads across the field in front of my trail cam. A quick check with the binocs and 9 longbeards were feeding on one food plot, so now my plan to go check that plot turned into watching birds. About that time i hear cutting and cackling in the back left plot and throw the binocs thataway to watch 6 more longbeards, 20 plus hens and 3 of these toms were in FULL STRUT. Gotta love a little warm snap to make the next 60plus days aggravating. Oh well grabbed the Tenth Legion outta the cabin and will start on it again.

mauser64

There's only one thing worse than seeing turkeys strut this time of year...not seeing them!!:cool:

shawn mills

Hey hooked... Them pesky ol birds will cause damage to landscapes with all that dang scratchin around, they eat up valuable acorns essential to other game, leave droppings everywhere and are just plain obnoxious when your're trying to enjoy a quiet spring morning... I'd be more than happy to help you erradicate the pesky critters!