burke cty

cfbutler31

overall the weather was not bad, little humid, and breezy at times. did not see any deer, we had 6-8 guys hunting, only one doe was seen, but no shot was taken. seems some acorns are on the ground, wind blew them out, but didn't appear the deer have found them yet.

pseshooter

cf

Where in burke are you hunting? I am also in Burke and we just started seeing some good activity at the end of last week.

Catfish369

At Yuchi WMA on Sunday I saw 2 does on the drive into the property before sunrise, and saw 3 more does at around 11am, too far off for a shot. I stayed until about 4:30M and saw nothing else. I was going to wait until dark but the mosquitoes were trying to carry me away.....Forgot the Thermacell at home and the headnet didn't help hardly at all.

mike bell

Hey yall, :D

I shot a doe Sunday, my second with a bow. She was walking along a creek at about 10:30. This was in the Alexander/Munderland area a few miles down the road from Alex. WMA

Last week we saw a bunch of new rubs and about five scrapes on the ground in south Burke near Millhaven road torge Briar Creek. Our other lease on Briar Creek, up near Keysville, I saw three does come out into a food plot about 1/2 before dark last Saturday.

have yet been to our club in Screven yet. No time, and I dont think we're planting food plots this year. Just dont know or have time.... :mad:

cfbutler31

i haven't been able to hunt lately, but i am slap fired up about this weekend, i will be at our club ready to fire my smokepole, will be hunting down in our swamp under some huge chestnut and white oak trees, and hope to be posting some pictures in the bragging board come tuesday when i get home, good luck this weekend, should be super nice weather, and if it ain't , i'm going hunting anyway. :shoot:

cfbutler31

just got in from the muzzleloader opener. members saw quite a few deer, mostly does, right at daybreak and dusk. we harvested two does and a button buck. i got a doe this evening at 6pm, just now getting back to the house. the weather was kinda funny, rainy, drizzly, not as cool in the evening, but the morning on sat. was not good with a breeze, and sunday morning was better, real still and fairly cool. no one saw any nice bucks to speak of, just small stuff, unless they just aren't telling as yet, i did see a couple of just done, fresh scrapes this morning, and a couple of nice 2-3 inch trees rubbed. acorns are littered on the ground, litterally hundreds of them, kinda suprised i didn't see more deer. good hunting.