Whole Lotta Gobblin Goin On...In Cherokee Cty

boparks

The birds around my neighborhood were sounding like it's Spring already...yelping, cuttin, and a couple gobblers crankin.. Music to my ears....and at the same time makes it harder to wait

TurkeyManiac

The birds around my neighborhood were sounding like it's Spring already...yelping, cuttin, and a couple gobblers crankin.. Music to my ears....and at the same time makes it harder to wait

Your stronger than me Bo, I am glad I live ITP. I just couldn't deal with that this early before season
:)

Booner Killa

I would lose control if I heard birds gobbling right now. I am in the late phases of my turkey dormancy right now but with the warmer temps the last couple days, I caught a whiff of that sweet smell of warmer weather and came out turkey hibernation!!!! The last week of deer season, I heard some hens cuttin and raisin cane and man oh man, it won't be long now fellas.

boparks

TM and BK...No I'm probably weaker.....It kind of messed me up this morning...drove off without my briefcase...slightly distracted..

Between the birds I see strutting almost every morning down from the office and if these birds start doing this every morning I may seek temporary therapy

TurkeyManiac

TM and BK...Yes it kind of messed me up this morning...drove off without my briefcase...slightly distracted..

Between the birds I see strutting almost every morning down from the office and if these birds start doing this every morning I may seek temporary therapy

Yea, being that we are not even out of January yet, that is a problem!
I say bring on another cold snap!

BPR

You sounded awesome...and you cost me 15 extra minutes when I had to go back home to get what I forgot:biggrin3:

Put the binoculars in the breif case. That way you will remember to bring it along.

chadf

There were 3 gobbling good Sunday morning while duck hunting!!!!

Put the fever into action! I was yelping with my mouth and they would fire back!!!!

georgia_hunter

I have heard birds all during deer season gobbling. We saw one struting in the field about 3 weeks ago. I just hope that they do not start early this year.

Booner Killa

I know my obsessed turkey breathern can attest to this. I don't even think turkey during deer season because of that whole other sickness my wife doesn't understand (which is definitely left for another thread). If I hear a turkey sound in the off season, it's amazing what happens to me. I know some of the guys around here live, eat and breathe turkeys year round.....but I have a host of other hunting addictions that get in the way. Ohhhhhhh, but when I hear that first gobble or fly down cackle and know it ain't that far away, i get slap tore up! It's gonna be bad until Mar around here!!!

BASS1FUN

Its nothing like them thunder chickens sounding off. Jan 1 2007 i heard 2 screaming while deer hunting and i said if those birds were there come turkey season i will kill both of them. Well opening day rewarded me with 20.5lb, 10.5 beard gobbler and 2 weeks later 21.25lb and 11.75 beard thunderchicken, hurry up march 20th.

SHMELTON

Banned
I've been hearing 1 off and on since the week before Duck season opened. Same bird gobbling at the same owl every morning i went to this one spot.