We're all adults here, please act like it.

243Savage

This thread applies equally as well in this particular forum, and unfortunately there appears to be a need to point it out here. Y'all please read this: http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=4170704&postcount=1

I would like to add that depending on the circumstances warranting the infractions as discussed in this thread, there's potential for one not to make it to the magic number 4. Y'all enjoy the forums, but play nice.

Huntinfool

You sure we're all adults?

I've seen some awefully childish behavior around here the past couple of years....and it's cranking up again now that deer season it over.

Funny how this forum seems to be relatively civil until January every year.

trkyhntr70

You sure we're all adults?

I've seen some awefully childish behavior around here the past couple of years....and it's cranking up again now that deer season it over.

Funny how this forum seems to be relatively civil until January every year.

Sometimes I wonder? I see that NWTF forum put a stop too it, hopefully it will here also.
Its a shame to see turkey hunters or any hunters arguing like little girls, Everyone hunts with different calls, guns etc.
If custom calls and high tech guns where the only way to kill turkeys we would have alot more turkeys running around.
Sounds like a pitful excuse for a man to be getting his kicks fighting over the internet.:crazy:

dwills

It's really disturbing to see a a section of the forum, which is usually extremely helpful and full of useful information, ruined by a guy who seemingly only posts with the intention of bashing others. Sharing your personal turkey hunting ideology is one thing, but when you get on here bashing others and making them feel inadequate because they do not hunt, think, call, etc. like you do something is seriously wrong. I just cannot understand how someone can get their kicks from degrading others with negative comments with the intention of showing others how much you think you know about turkey hunting. I have no doubt that this guy is extremely knowledgeable, but his egotistical rants seem to negate his experience and knowledge in my eyes. I know it's easier to stay away from this forum if it bothers me, but turkey hunting is my passion and I like to gather as much information as possible from those who enjoy helping others. Thanks to all of those who continue to post helpful tips that benefit new turkey hunters, as well as those who seek new information.

Huntinfool

It's not just one guy dwills.

Thanks for the reminder 243. Glad y'all are paying attention already. Hopefully everybody can get along and nobody needs to get gone....but that's wishful thinking I'm afraid.

TurkeyManiac

::ke:Geez, we are acting like a bunch of deer hunters

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It`s gonna work out just fine. All will be well. ;)

pappyjack

"Sharing your personal turkey hunting ideology is one thing, but when you get on here bashing others and making them feel inadequate because they do not hunt, think, call, etc. like you do something is seriously wrong."
I would like to say that although my health has not allowed me to get out an hunt .. I remember how it felt as a kid growing up with my father. We hunted together, I learned a lot by listening...and I believe it is this same ideal that brings people to this forum as well as others out there. It is people, hunters, collectors, callmakers, etc., who want to experience the comradery these sites have to offer. To learn from those who frequent them and if they care to post calls or information on how they hunt, they surely don't do it with the intention of being bashed by someone who thinks his level of skills are above or beyond the average Joe.
This is why I make calls, to share on a level of my expertise, always remembering where I came from and where I am going, and who I could take with me on this journey into this great hunting heritage !

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
"Sharing your personal turkey hunting ideology is one thing, but when you get on here bashing others and making them feel inadequate because they do not hunt, think, call, etc. like you do something is seriously wrong."
I would like to say that although my health has not allowed me to get out an hunt .. I remember how it felt as a kid growing up with my father. We hunted together, I learned a lot by listening...and I believe it is this same ideal that brings people to this forum as well as others out there. It is people, hunters, collectors, callmakers, etc., who want to experience the comradery these sites have to offer. To learn from those who frequent them and if they care to post calls or information on how they hunt, they surely don't do it with the intention of being bashed by someone who thinks his level of skills are above or beyond the average Joe.
This is why I make calls, to share on a level of my expertise, always remembering where I came from and where I am going, and who I could take with me on this journey into this great hunting heritage !

We look forward to your continued postins`, and pics of your calls too.

Feel free to holler, if you need any help. :cheers:

mjfortner

It really is only a few bad eggs. I like this Forum and get alot of helpful info from it, but when I see any of these select few post on a thread then It really turns into a usless one. I have to find another one to read.

DonArkie

Attitude & behavior that is ordered by one's history. Sometimes NO response is better than an inappropriate response, this spells out"Think before you speak".

BPR

I know that the mods want to make sure and give everyone a fair chance, but I've seen this happen time and time again in all of the forums. Some of these forums I don't even go to anymore. There are some users that are only here to cause trouble and everyone realizes it, but we all have to wait until they push it too far and eventually get kicked off. And then they come sign back up under a new name.

I know that the forum is huge and that the mods have a thankless job, but it is not a right to be a member here. If they are here to cause trouble, then send them on their way. I'd rather see them be quick to send the trouble makers on their way than to continue to watch users who have been here a while move on because they are tired of it.

sman

Just tell some people to stop being poopoo heads.::ke:

5HwnBoys

Been seeing a lot a bashing going on recently in regards to prices(some that are way too high). Can't understand why some members choose to start a post bashing other members listings, instead helping them by sending em a PM with a few links to more accurate prices. I probably said too much, back to the couch I go.:O

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Been seeing a lot a bashing going on recently in regards to prices(some that are way too high). Can't understand why some members choose to start a post bashing other members listings, instead helping them by sending em a PM with a few links to more accurate prices. I probably said too much, back to the couch I go.:O

I would think that if the price is too high, then the seller will figure that out all on their own...especially after they sell none.

5HwnBoys

I would think that if the price is too high, then the seller will figure that out all on their own...especially after they sell none.

Yeah I agree with ya, but some folks continue to list it high
trying to recoup their losses since they bought when the gold rush was in full swing. I ain't Knockin em, but can understand their situation especially folks who bought high then lost their job and now need to sell just to stay afloat. This kind of Change we all can do without! Still I hear the zombies singing praise to the one!

Last edited: