turkey broadheads

bowtie

what do ya'll recommend for turkeys....... thanks

Will-dawg

what do ya'll recommend for turkeys....... thanks

the only turkey I have killed with archery equipment I was using a 100 gr. Thunderhead--went straight through and the bird went straight down!

mjfortner

anything with a large cutting area. that turkey will be hard to track if it flys away. You want to do alot of damage to any vitals that you hit.

MCNASTY

Any Muzzy or Thunderhead.....shoot it in the ground about 15 times and you're ready to go!! The duller the better for turkeys.

HarmonDen

i use a recurve bear magnum 45#..............zwickey 125 grain broadhead..................have had more recoverys with the arrow stuck in the turkey versus a pass through.........................

tony32

dont shoot em with grim reepers you know what will happin robbie you will do like me and end up on a foot chase

rutandstrut

I would use Turkey Guillotine or try an economy trick that we use to use before they had Turkey Spurs or Gobbler Guillotines. Take a Fishing Hook that has a leader installed in it or make your own leader. If the Leader is already installed, cut it to about 2-4 inches. Tie a small loop into the end that you cut off. make it small enough so that it will fit over the shank of your broadhead but not come off in flight, then screw your broadhead into your arrow. The Fishing Hook will keep the arrow from making a complete pass through, but stil allow the broadhead to do the required damage to put that Gobbler down!

Last edited:

high tech. hunter

Try some Adders

Bought some Adder points today at Bass Pro. 6 for $7.99
Neet Products, Inc. Sedalia, MO. www.neet.com
Look like they should work to prevent turkey pass through. :cool: It says you can put them behind a field point or a broad head. Never thought of using a field point and an adder point. :huh: Bet it would work on a turkey and even less chance of a pass through. Think I'll shoot some of each into my broad head target and measure the penetration into each. In summary, I'm not loosing a $10 broad head and a $5 arrow(bolt in my case). :banginghe

Last edited:

high tech. hunter

Rutandstrut:
I see how that would work. Treble hook I bet. Yea, you'd need to snell your hook shank and use heavy line or that line and hook would come apart.. I'm going to rig one up and use it too. Thanks :banana:

Latest posts