Woodhaven Mouth Calls

The ones I've bought have never made it out of the Bass Pro parking lot...

DaddyPaul

Are they worth 2x the price of other calls?

IMO, no they are not. I have tried a few and they seemed to take more air to run than most other mouth calls I've tried and I've tried a bunch. I even built about 47,000 of my own at home. :offtopic:

I haven't tried any of the Signature Series calls though and likely won't, I finally found a call that works for me in all areas (fit, calling style, etc).

Will-dawg

I love Woodhavens!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I order them online--a whole lot cheaper that way.:cheers:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am NOT a good mouth caller...but the only one I have ever been able to run out of possibly a hundred or so that I've bought over the years would be the copperhead

IMO, no they are not. I have tried a few and they seemed to take more air to run than most other mouth calls I've tried and I've tried a bunch. I even built about 47,000 of my own at home. :offtopic:

I haven't tried any of the Signature Series calls though and likely won't, I finally found a call that works for me in all areas (fit, calling style, etc).

I saw a pic of that big mug of yours in another post DP. I'm thinking you probably like the full size tape. Which call you like?

Kevin Farr

They make some good calls. All of the different ones that I tried seemed to take more air to run than others. This made them easy to run for some people, but to me, it made them harder to call soft on. I know a lot of people like to hear loud, aggressive calling that sounds great, but in my humble mind, the soft, sweet sounds are what puts a lot of turkeys to sleep. Nothing wrong with them, though. Everybody's mouth is different and everybody calls differently. I guess we are lucky that there are so many choices available to us so that we can find our favorites.

boparks

I don't know anything about anyones mouth calls because I don't use em..but some of Woodhavens pot calls are some of the best I've heard.

They are very good people as well

Last edited:

bnew17

The Woodhaven "red wasp" is 1 of my 2 go to calls . The other being a Tom Teaser...both of which are hands down better than any other brand calls IMO. I do have a Woodhaven "Copperhead II" call and i dont like it too much but im on my 3rd season with my Red Wasp and its still kickin.

boparks

The Woodhaven "red wasp" is 1 of my 2 go to calls . The other being a Tom Teaser...both of which are hands down better than any other brand calls IMO. I do have a Woodhaven "Copperhead II" call and i dont like it too much but im on my 3rd season with my Red Wasp and its still kickin.

The calls you named I have and are very good....... Invest into the Vision line...,You'd truly have one of the best calls made

jbird1

I called in my first bird w/ the V3...suprised the heck out of myself. The Copperhead II makes some sweet music too.

shawn mills

Woodhaven mouth calls are among the best produced IMO. Ive hunted longbeards for over 30 years and believe me... I've tried a lot of calls! Tommy Walton ( Tom Teasers) makes an equally awesome call as well.

WaddleWhacker

i've heard mark has sold his store and started teaching school so i dont know if he still makes them but you could at one time get his calls for 6 bucks each before woodhaven put them in there packs and doubled the price...last time i talked with mark he had made 86 thousand calls for the year...Mountain Callers in Cleveland Ga 706-865-0945

sman

First 2 I bought were great, then I just couldn't find one of theirs I liked. Bought 3 the other day, 2 were tossed but the "Saddler" signature was awesome! It will be my go to this year, still plan on getting a Tom Teaser.

Woodhaven might have set the price but alot of other companies have followed with double digit priced diaphragms.
The majority of the woodhaven calls are to heavy and hard to blow for me and the result is something like a bad jake yelp but some of there calls I do like but I don't think they are worth the extra cause you can still save some money buying from other makers at least for now.

Latest posts