anybody brew their own beer?

E

Etter1

I'd like to give it a try. What's the cost and how does it turn out?

waldohunts

I got a brewing kit for Christmas and I will be ready to taste the first batch in about 10 days. Ill let you know how it turns out.:cheers:

specialk

no but i have made a few gallons of wine......:cheers:

creekrunner

yeah, I've been using the Mr. Beer system for about a year and have made several batches.they cost about 8 to 12 bucks depending on what you make (all malts or sugars, all malts are more exxpensive) for 20 - 12 0z. bottles.
they have all turned out good and rival microbrews . I've made em with blueberries, honey, cane syrup and you can make em as strong as you want. I made some stout that came out about 8.5 % and it was stout.Got some in the keg now ready to bottle thats a honey ale

creekrunner

heres a couple of pics of some honey ale from last year

Attachments

• home brew.jpg
    home brew.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 320
  • home brew 2.jpg
    home brew 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 296

DCHunter

I'd like to. Meanwhile, after seeing creekrunners pics I'll have to grab me a beer on the way home.

Fishin & Hunting

It has been about six years

since I made my last batch of homebrew. Let me say first that if you think you will save money, you are wrong. The idea is to make different and great tasting beer. I still have all my equipment, even have everthing I need to make a batch except a packet of yeast.

Made it for about ten years. It was fun way to pass the time after the hunting season was over. Costs about $75 to $100 dollars for a simple starter kit. But like anyother hobby you can spend a ton of money to be the best.

The big thing is to make sure you clean everything in a bleach solution. Do not use soap. You have to keep bacteria and wild yeast out of the brew. Siaphon don't pour. And when you get one you will know it on the first swallow.

Greg Tench

PAGING RAMBLINRACK.......PAGING RAMBLINRACK..........PAGING RAMBLINRACK..!!!!! COME IN LOUIE !!!:p :yeah: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

alex30808

I have never had a home brew..I got a $50.00 gift card from Cabelas...wonder if they have a starte kit???

Racor

I use to make homebrews. I also used the Mr Beer homebrew kit and would make a batch for special occasions such as super bowl, cook out etc. Its not really cheap but fun if you get a good brew!

7Mag Hunter

Anybody brew their own beer

I tried it about 20 years ago before the "kits" they have
now were avail...
Poured most of it out !!!:cry: :cry:

Saw some kits recently, and thought abput trying it again,
but I just got to many projects now, to start another
"hobby"... Besides, I dont drink much anymore....

hunter44a

Man, I would love a home brewed honey wheat ale. Along with a crappie fish fry. I think I'm in heaven.:cheers: