old turkey calls...

dtala

I got this box call from ML Lynchs widow in Birmingham, many, many years ago...
old3.jpg

Penns Woods and Lynch slates...
old1.jpg

100+ year old wing bone yelper(top), I've killed several birds with it.
calls001.jpg

30 year old snuff can call, deadliest call I know on pressured birds...
can002.jpg

homemade slate made by a friends grandad, very quiet and soft....and deadly
duke1.jpg

Ben Lee aluminun slate call...
old2.jpg

troy:biggrin2:

oatsj

A nice collection the turkey in the pines is a nice box and are rare, they bring a good price .I use the snuff can with good success also the box call. oatsj

gblrklr

Cool collection! The old wingbones are particularly interesting. What does the writing on the bottom one say?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Love those old ones!

Arrow3

Great old calls!!

dtala

gblrklr, writing is my name Troy Beatty, it was a gift from David Gaston of Camden Al, one of the best turkey hunters I know.

The old wingbone was given to me by an 78 year old friend who decided I could use it as it was intended to be used. He got it when in his early twenties from an old man whose father had given it to him when he was young....I'm guessing its age at near 110-120 years as I've had it for 30 years. I'll give it to my grandson Dylan to use.

troy

redneckacorn

those old wingbones are "killerz" in my opinion, they just get better with age. My wifes grandmother who will be 90 this year dips snuff and I have been trying to learn how to work a snuff can for a couple of years now, in the right hands they are "killerz" too... One day I'm gonna be able to talk turkey with one of them. Nice calls, I have a not so old but not so new lynches that my hunting buddy gave me my first turkey season, it's one of my most prized turkey possesions, he also gave me an old Tom Gaskins call thats nice .