Customs

dutchman

I owned ZERO custom calls till I logged on here a little over a year ago. But now I have several. I also have the full intention of getting more!

The first two are of a call that I bought from David Mills. I can't say enough about this call. It sounds as good as it looks. It slate over slate and the pot is Zebrawood.

Photos 3 and 4 are of a Cedar and Purpleheart Dad's Favorite. Y'all know Dad from Hazlehurst. Great sounding call!

The 5th photo is of a pretty little slate I got from Cutt-N-Run Game Calls. Canarywood. Sounds good.

The last two are of my newly purchased Scott's Cutter. Y'all have heard all about these great sounding calls already. I plan to get more of them, soon.

Attachments

• Custom Calls 001 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 001 (600 x 400).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Custom Calls 002 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 002 (600 x 400).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Custom Calls 003 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 003 (600 x 400).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Custom Calls 005 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 005 (600 x 400).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Custom Calls 009 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 009 (600 x 400).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Custom Calls 006 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 006 (600 x 400).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Custom Calls 007 (600 x 400).jpg
    Custom Calls 007 (600 x 400).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 169

Lostoutlaw

Man them are some pretty little thingy ma jigs ya got thar gonna call a heap ole birds with them..the last one's are my fav.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I've got a friend from Travelers Rest SC that makes the best sounding box call I have ever used (Wendell Lancaster). Very simple looking box calls, nothing really fancy, nothing but pure turkey.

I have acquired a few calls from other call makers, primarily through trades; there are some good ones out there.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
David Mills said:
I've got a friend from Travelers Rest SC that makes the best sounding box call I have ever used (Wendell Lancaster). Very simple looking box calls, nothing really fancy, nothing but pure turkey.

I have acquired a few calls from other call makers, primarily through trades; there are some good ones out there.

david any links on Wendell's calls?

Dudley Do-Wrong

Jim,

As far as I know, Wendell does not have a website. I looked and looked and cannot find his phone number but I sent him a message asking for it. I PM it to you once I get it.

rocket

Hey David, I might be interested in one of those box calls as well.
Any chance you could forward that number?
I had an old one for years that was the best sounding box call I ever heard, then it disappeard. I've tried different ones, but they all sound terrible!
Thanks

bull0ne

Banned
Dutchman, i've got a Dads cedar & purple heart.....10 times the purchase price would'nt make me part with it!!!

It he does'nt answer it, i just move on.

gobblingghost

I have pot calls from Alex Williams, Tim Fralick, RJ Hewitt, and several others. Box calls from Benny Briggs, Pine Ridge Game Calls, and several others, Scratch Boxes from Carl Jackson, Kenny Morgan, Doug Camp, and Tom Gaskins Sr and Jr. Tube Calls from Kenny Morgan and Treat Mountain, Wing Bone/Trumpets from Kenny Morgan, A buddy of mine and My shotgun shell yelpers, Mounth Calls from Benny Briggs and My own.

alex30808

I am not a call collector but through the suggestions of others...I have started trading again with other call makers as to build a collection of calls for my shadow.....yep the little guy above...LOL...I have a few box calls and slate pot calls from various makers...

P1210931.jpg

From back row...left to right...Older fella from N. Ga made this call, it's a single side made after a lynch fool proof. then Kenny Sorrels (Triune), Dick Kirby, Mike Kensinger, JT's Calls, Leslie Williamson, Benny Briggs, Boxes laying down...MY FIRST Box call, another Leslie Williamson, and a Lynch Fool Proof 1986, the pot calls are as follows...
the three that are grouped together on the left are three I made for Trace, back row...Kevin Bartley (Canada) , Bonnie Campbell, Bill Lyman, Bill Purdy, Mark Chanllancin, and the three grouped together on the right are all made by Mike Kinsinger. Center is various strikers and two crow calls...Crow call on the left was sent to Trace by fella on my Pro Staff and the one on the left is one Benny Briggs and I made...

Dudley Do-Wrong

Wendell Lancaster: 864-834-7016

Tell him I sent you, he'll probably charge $10 more. Wendell is a great person and you will enjoy dealing with him. Tell him what sound you are looking for.

I've got a walnut/walnut bos call from him that I use to compare with the sounds from my calls. He also makes a dandy holly box with a purpleheart paddle.

dutchman

bull0ne said:
Dutchman, i've got a Dads cedar & purple heart.....10 times the purchase price would'nt make me part with it!!!

It he does'nt answer it, i just move on.

Dad played that call for me at Unicoi and I was hooked! That thing will flat sing!

alex30808

It is hard to go wrong with any cedar box call....no doubt that Jerry White makes a good one.

Turkeycaller

Dutch....as you can see........it has never been conditioned.

Neat story behind this call.

I live about 1/4 mile from their shop.........I was at the NWTF show in Nashville in 2000 and bid and won the call.
Didn't know it until the NWTF shipped it to me......I actually had never met Tommy, Ken or Jerry. I drove down to their shop and hollered to the back room that I needed a call of theirs signed.........Tommy hollers back "We DON'T sign calls" !!!!! Jerry walks up front and sees the call in my hand and runs back into the shop and tells him "I think we will sign this one".......they all come running out and we all laughed our butt's off.
The call traveled from Oakwood to Nashville then to the NWTF headquarters and back to me in Oakwood.......

I have named the call,,,,,,,"High Mileage Arrowhead".

TC

alex30808

Sounds like a slate order I placed a while back...a fella went in with me on a slate order to get it a little cheeper...it traveled from PA to Ga and then back to PA..infact only about 45 min from where the slate is mined...cut and surfaced!!!

dutchman

Turkeycaller said:
Dutch....as you can see........it has never been conditioned.

Neat story behind this call.

I live about 1/4 mile from their shop.........I was at the NWTF show in Nashville in 2000 and bid and won the call.
Didn't know it until the NWTF shipped it to me......I actually had never met Tommy, Ken or Jerry. I drove down to their shop and hollered to the back room that I needed a call of theirs signed.........Tommy hollers back "We DON'T sign calls" !!!!! Jerry walks up front and sees the call in my hand and runs back into the shop and tells him "I think we will sign this one".......they all come running out and we all laughed our butt's off.
The call traveled from Oakwood to Nashville then to the NWTF headquarters and back to me in Oakwood.......

I have named the call,,,,,,,"High Mileage Arrowhead".

TC

Cool story for a beautiful call.

You and I are practically neighbors. I live only about 4 miles or so from their shop.

mike bell

I like that stand set up. I think the shelf calls should have stands like that. ( a Self call is one thats to pretty to use)

My wife bought a curio cabinate at wally world last month. And Ive been thinking about buying one for me and starting a collection of calls to filling it up. :huh: Sound like a good idea?