PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

GMARK
01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey ya'll. I have tons of original Star Wars toys. My parents kept a lot of the boxes and have all the stuff cataloged. I always thought I give it to my kids, but they have too many toys as it is.

I always thought I'd sell the toys one day to someone who was looking to add to their collection. I looked at Ebay, but I thought I ask for opinions here too.

Any ideas besides Ebay?

southernclay
01-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Maybe search for a Star Wars fans forum to get top dollar. I have sold a few and have some on ebay right now. I am just selling as a lot to get rid of them. Mine are from the 1996 range but if I had older ones I would research it out and go for top dollar. Good luck.

fulldraw74
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I think ebay is the way to go.....

243Savage
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I think ebay is the way to go.....

He's right. Original toys are bringing a premium.

double b
01-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree with the ebay route. You would be amazed at the price some things would bring. When I was doing serious diecast collecting, I would go to toy shows. I could not believe the prices folks were asking for star wars collectibles, hot wheels, (all that stuff I had but it's somewhere in the dirt right now) I think serious collectors check ebay looking for items.

GMARK
01-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the help ya'll. I'd like to find some info on the toy shows. I'll try and scan the internet, but please send any ideas.

Thanks,

Greg

double b
01-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I would always find the info in collectible guides. Because I was seriously collecting nascar stuff, I was reading Beckett price guides. They would always be listed in there. Sometimes I would go, and they wouldn't have any racing memorabilia, just all other things. I'll see if I can locate the name of the website I would use and send you a pm. I also know that there are older toy guides and price guides for things such as that. I do know that the packaging is very important to the value of the piece. With my diecast, you really lose a lot of value if the box/ packaging isn't in great shape.