South Ga Hog Hunts

Count Down

Just curious about the Hog Hunts down here..Are most of them bow?
I know nothing of hunting hogs.
I haven't heard any gun shots around my neck of the woods so thats why ask...

I would love too hunt a hog, but with a rifle...I'll have a bow next year..

Anyway, thanks..

Count Down

I would rather do that for deer myself. I guess doing it for hogs adds a little spice to your life..I know they do not want to be surprised...Maybe next year with my semi-new bow:bounce: I'll be able to do that myself.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
I admire you bowhunters, Michael, particularly with something like a hog. I heard a lot of hog-horror stories from some of the old families in the country growing up, about how you can become the prey, too. I'm no turkey, but I have to admit when I'm not armchair hunting, I do most of my hog hunting at the local BBQ stand. :D

Count Down

Researcher31726 said:
I admire you bowhunters, Michael, particularly with something like a hog. I heard a lot of hog-horror stories from some of the old families in the country growing up, about how you can become the prey, too. I'm no turkey, but I have to admit when I'm not armchair hunting, I do most of my hog hunting at the local BBQ stand. :D

you know in Hawaii they are only aloud to hunt hogs with dogs and "Bowie" type knives...:eek: :eek: :hair:

Jesse James

You can hunt hogs all year long in GA, if you have a place to hunt. You can use guns/bows/, pretty much any type of hunting weapon. I prefer to hunt with dogs , we hunt all year. In the summer we mostly run at night or early, early morning. Good luck, maybe you can get with some farmers that will let you hunt. You can also hunt some of the military base`s.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hogs

Hunted 'em for years, catching 'em alive with dogs, gunning 'em and bowhunting 'em. Best one I've taken with a bow dressed out 258 pounds and has 3 1/2 inch tusk. He been hanging on my walls for years and we call him Hernan. Biologist said he's mixed Russian and Feral.

HOGDOG76

Chickasawhatchee And Elmodel Wma's Have Hog Hunts Coming Up In May/june. I Believe They Are Both Rifle Hunts.

DCarter001

I don't think God intended man to hog hunt with bows. Not enough hands. One to hold the bow, one to hold the string, and one to hold the tree you'll be climbing when you release.:D

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
DCarter001 said:
I don't think God intended man to hog hunt with bows. Not enough hands. One to hold the bow, one to hold the string, and one to hold the tree you'll be climbing when you release.:D

And two to pray with!:hair: ::; ::; ::;
Sue

matthewsman

Munsta style?

Lee County said:
you know in Hawaii they are only aloud to hunt hogs with dogs and "Bowie" type knives...:eek: :eek: :hair:

Did it change to just that?I hunted them in the Eva national forrest with a bow and in the Koolau(sp)range with a bow three years ago