BF Grant Results!

GA DAWG

I was down hunting my club and went over to the check station wed and thur mornings.Boy they are killing some gooduns.Know telling what they killed this morning with the cool weather.I saw a great 14pt 7 on each side.He was 16"wide and tall with 23" main beams.Another big one was an 8pt 20"wide and 24" main beams.They had checked out 17 trophy bucks by 11am on thursday.Thats not to shabby in summertime weather.By the way all the dead ones I saw necks were swelled and hocks were real dark.

bilgerat

Senior
bf grant

has any one heard the total count? it was 19 by thursday afternoon!

7mm08

bf grant

totals as of 6:45 saturday night
35 quality bucks
1 hog

there could have been a few more taken. i heard a few shots right before dark. they just might not have made it to the check station yet. a couple of those deer were over 200 pounds on the hoof. i saw several deer on friday and saturday. nothing big enough to shoot though. i did see one six pointer that would have been close. that was the first time that i have ever been to bf grant. you can bet i will be back for the open muzzeloader hunt this year though.

7mm08

deer taken

they pretty much came from all over. the hunters were pretty spread out over the wma. i only saw 1 hunter in the woods near where i hunted. on the muzzleloader hunt you need to stay in the stand until 1:00. the guy i saw in the woods said at about 11:00 until 1:00 the deer are running all over the place because of all the hunters walking around in the woods looking for an afternoon spot. he also said to hunt between two thick spots and not the food because the bucks will be getting jumped out of one thick spot and heading to another. there should be plenty of big bucks still left to take.

picture

I killed a nice 8 pointer wed AFTERNOON at BFGRANT ON NOV 3 but my pictures did not turn out good.THERE WAS A Photographer there that took several pictures of it,I was wondering if anybody knew who he was where I could contact him about buying one from him.

Sweaty

Dec. Hunt

I am going to the Dec hunt. Can any of you guys who are local or have been there before tell me a good place to camp? It would be nice if there was a bathhouse and running water, but if not we will make do.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd E

If you are looking for this type of spot, try Country Boys RV Park on 441. It is right close by to the WMA. Other than that, the WMA is just primitive camping.