Can't take much more!

DaddyPaul

I rode out to the lease this morning to sight in my .223 barrel on one of my Encores to get ready to chase some yotes. Figured I would ride through the club on the way back to the house and saw 6 longbeards in a wad, a jake by himself and 3 hens and all I did was take the main road through the middle of the club! I need to stay out of the woods or I will never make it until March 18th. Talked to a buddy in South Florida this morning and he said he heard 3 different birds gobblin' up a storm this morning while duck hunting. Come on March!

Arrow3

March 18th? Man, ive gotta wait an extra week!!!

Gadget

Me neither !!!!!!!!!!!

that's why I think I've decided to go down to South Florida on March 1st for the opener in the Southern zone.

Gonna hunt Big Cypress, never set foot on it before, heck never even hunted florida before. I was born in Fl but didn't start hunting till I moved to Ga.

I got connected with a friend of the family. He ownes land inside Big Cypress, hunted it for over 20yrs. Has swamp buggies that he's gonna give me the tour on before the opener. Talked to him last night, said he saw a couple flocks of Turks this week. I'm not expecting too much, I've heard how tuff this place is, I'll be happy to just get on some birds; and riding around on a swamp buggy in the Everglades sounds pretty fun too.

Last edited:

DaddyPaul

Gadget,
It seems to me that you must have a pretty good "turkey game"?:huh: That is of course judging from the stories and pictures from last year? I would say that if your buddy can get you in the neighborhood of some birds you will be OK. Like you said though just getting on some birds is half of the fun. Some mornings just getting to work 'em and try to figure them out is cooler than shooting them.

gabreamfanatic

hi ya daddy paul long time no see. i know what u mean about march getting here soon. i hope to be in another club along with del crow this year. from what i have been told about this place its over ran with turkeys and deer. you going to be up to savannah again for thier big sow thats coming next month. if so give me a holler take care rob.

DaddyPaul

Quaker Boy had me me slated to work the BPS show in Savannah and I was kinda excited about it as the people up there treated us real good last year. It was supposed to be March 4th and 5th but then they changed the date to March 18th and 19th which happens to be our opener down here in North Florida! I told 'em they could kick me off of the pro staff if need be 'cause I ain't missing our opener for a show although I won't actually get to hunt myself for a few days I will be making plenty of racket in the woods. Maybe next year I can get back up there? Tell Del I said hey.