Hancock Rut Report

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I actually hunt in Washington, but a good friend of mine has been hunting in Hancock most of this week.

He didn't get one, but he said it's on the verge of exploding!!! Lot's of deer moving, some big bucks are being seen and lot's of little buck's. The buck's are ready to go, just waiting on the lady's. Some of the does are coming into heat already. He watched one doe cross a field, and 5 minutes later 3 bucks came out hot on her trail. None were big enough to shoot however. He said, one guy brought a beautiful 13pt in and the guy that shot it, said he was just cruising through.

Just a matter of time.

Tommy

QuackAddict

My uncle shot and missed the biggest buck he has ever seen in his 15 years of deer hunting on Sunday morning! It was alone and looking for does. I did not see anything on Sunday but there was a lot of shooting.

the HEED!

Banned
My part of Hancock must be a little behind...

Hunted friday, saturday, and sunday and saw one doe on saturday morning. Friday morning was windy and saw nothing but jumped one after dark on the trail out friday night. Saturday night was coming back to camp from cabin of hunting buddy and saw a stud crossing onto our land on dirt road. This was at 845, no moon really dark. He stopped and looked at me as if to tease me. Lots of shooting but deer were not coming in my stand area like they normally do. Should I get mobile with rut changing thier patterns? The does use this same trail all year so far. ::huh:

H

HT2

Tommy.......

It ain't on the "VERGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday morning there was a good 10-pointer and "2" good 8-pointers taken at our place.........

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

And, DADGUMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go to work tonight!!!!!!!!! :mad: :banginghe :mad: :banginghe

HeadHunter

I believe it.....

I was down there from tuesday to sunday and seen ALOT of deer moving including a HUGE 12pt saturday morning that wouldnt give me a shot! :banginghe

A guy in our club said he saw 4 huge shooters and a small spike all chasing 1 doe.

Cant wait for this weekend to come because it's going to be a good un'!

Razorback

I was out w/ my 10 year old son, Saturday morning until 9:30 :( & Sat. evening from 4 til dark. We got got skunked! :(

O'well there's nextweekend. :clap:

PSE Triton remind where your located? We are also in the Powelton Community, just down the dirt road past "Coopers" I know you said white house but I'm easily confused, which white house?

Razorback

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
My section of Washington C. (just a mile over the line), must be behind.

I hunted from Monday to Wednesday and saw 7 deer. All were does and yearlings. I saw four in one group Tuesday morning and a single doe came hauling butt past me, but nothing showed after her for 3 hours. Wednesday morning I saw another doe and her yearling.

My dad botched his chance at a big deer. He saw 8 deer Tuesday morning. A spike came up and sniffed his Code Blue Tarsal Gland. He saw a couple of yearlings after that, then 3 big does all together.

He had to pee really bad so he climbed out of his ladder to relieve himself. Well, as he climbed back up and was about to turn and sit a deer blew at him. A big doe about 15yds away with Mr. Big right beside her. They took off offering no shot. All the old man said was, he was a shooter, tall and wide.

Other than that, that's the only sign of a rut we saw down there. I just don't think it's happening right now. Some other club members weren't seeing much either.

Probably going to open up this weekend and naturally I've got to go to a wedding. I'm a groomsman, so I can't get out of it!!!! :p

Tommy

H

HT2

Tommy......

Man, brother.....

It's is "ON" in Hancock......

I just got back and the bucks are still chasin' the does........

I saw "3" shooters but just not what I'm lookin' for........

I sure wish I was down there all this week....... :(

H

HT2

Tommy......

Yep!!!!!!!!!

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!

That buddy of mine that shot the Piebald ain't worked in 2 months.......Must be nice!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
2 months!!!!

Why not just go ahead and ask to get off for the whole deer season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be very nice!!!!!!!!! :D

Tommy

H

HT2

Tommy.....

Yeah, he don't work "ANY" if at all during deer season.....

Kinda makes it nice to have your own business and people you can trust to run it while you're in the woods......HUH????

Maybe one day....... ::; ::; ::;

Meriwether Mike

Struck Out in Hancock!

I hunted yesterday and today over near White Plains in Hancock County and did not see a buck or any sign of a rut. I did see three does for about ten seconds, but the wind had them so spooked they were moving through rather quickly. They were safe as I was hoping that they had a buck in tow. No one else saw a deer. Strange season?

H

HT2

Mike.....

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.....

It still kinda weird though......

You are only about 5 miles from us and it's really, really good for us right now.....

Kinda hard to figure it out...... ::huh: ::huh:

juniorbassman

it's goin' on

last weekend it was going on in hancock! i went on sunday mornin' and saw one little spike chasin' a doe. we left at lunch and got a call that night sayin' that the big bucks had started movin'. one guy saw a decent 8pt chasin and he shot a massive 9pt rubbin' a tree. two other guys said they saw two other 8pt's a big one and a small one. i wish i was there.

H

HT2

Junior.....

Yeah, it's slowing down where we are at........

Some of the younger bucks are still chasin' a bit, but the big one's seem to have slow down......

Hopefully in a couple of weeks, the 2nd "RUT" will kick in..... ::; ::;