Trout fishing trip next weekend

Shad30

I'll be going on my 1st trout fishing trip (along with my dad and 2 younger brothers) to North Georgia. I'd love to have some advice on what kind of setup is needed? Just trying to find out what type of flies are used during this cool weather? We're not planning on jumping right in and catching a butt load of fish but if it happens that'll be nice:).
We're just getting out for a guys trip. We'll be staying in a cabin and have the stream right behind it so that'll be nice. The name of the creek is Mountain Creek. Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

WinMag.300

Creek?

I am not familiar with Mountain Creek, but am familiar with Mountain Town Creek. It can be hit or miss at a rental cabin. You never know how hard the previous guests hit the rsource. Also be sure to check and make sure you are on a year round stream. Seasonal Streams do not open until the last weekend in March. What town will you be closest to becaus you can always take a drive over to the Ami or Smith creek delayed harvest waters. LOTS of fish, that are fairly easy to catch. Any questions let me know. Lots of weight, with an egg pattern or san juan for stockers, and Soft hackle pts, and hares ears work well off the bottom for both stockers and wild fish.

WinMag.300

Perfect...

I have stayed there, and yes that is Mountaintown creek. They keep the area for the cabins stocked with some very nice sized trout. Use soft hackle pts, discomidges, black stones, and hares ears. You could also use caddis emergers and bwo emergers. Carry a few pellet fly imitations also, in case the fish are fly smart. Stay natural for the most part and you should be good. There are some LARGE trout in that water. Good luck and send me some pics!

Shad30

Thanks for the info. and for the quick responses. I will def. be posting so picks of some trout...well hopefully if everything goes alright.

As usual WinMag has the good info, that definately looks like a fun place to stay, may have to look into for a little retreat later in the year.