b.f.grant 8ptr

bilgerat

Senior
heres some pics of a B.f. Grant 8ptr. I got thursday at 1:15 in the afternoon after the rain stopped. his left main beam measured 16 in. ! just legal for bf grant rules! :shoot:

Duramax

Congrats on a nice buck! I know you are proud!

Duramax

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Nice tall rack br

congrats :clap:

leo

Todd E

Congrats on your buck, BR. You made good on your word to me :flag: . We made the decision to hunt our club and pass on our permit for the BFG hunt. Boy did we apparently make a mistake. I haven't seen squat the past week at our club. Heard from the report under public forum that ya'll were laying em' down. Guess I learned my lesson.

bilgerat

Senior
you missed it!!

man what a great place bf grant is. I walked around a little last week scouting and have never seen so much buck sign.I saw 2 other deer at the ck station and they were nice.one was a 10 point really tall racked 150 lb buck and the other was a 9ptr about the same size as my 8ptr.all killed between 12 and 1:30 thursday after the rain.I didnt go back and see what the final tally was but as of thursday at 2pm they had 18 deer cked out. :yeah:

Jeff Phillips

Way to go, nice buck :clap:

That part of Morgan County should be rocking and rolling right about now!

matthewsman

Alright bilgerat

We're demanding directions to the tree you killed him out of.If we can't hunt it under blackpowder,we'll kill one of his sons out of it on one of the bow hunts.Anyway congrats,that buck has eluded a ton of other hunters to have gotten that big on hard-hunted public land like B.F Grant....Donnie

bigcountry23

10 ptr & 14 ptr B.F. Grant Hunt

Nice deer... My fiance shot a 10 pointer at the B.F. Grant on Wednesday mornings hunt at approx. 10:25 a.m. It was approx. 130 lbs gutted, 21.5 in. main beams,15 in. inside spread... His brother took a 14 pointer on Thursday morning around 8:30 weighing in at 133 lbs gutted with 23.5 inch main beams and 15 inch inside spread, with the mass of a baseball bat handle throughout the whole length of the main beams. We're very proud of them both and they're still on Cloud 150... Be looking out for his brother, Jason Hays, on the August 2005 issue of GON (Georgia Outdoor News)... He currently holds the record for the largest deer taken off of a WMA Quota Hunt.

Meriwether Mike

Congrats to all on some good bucks. Sounds like they were on the move after the rain.

bigcountry23

WildBuck said:
Sounds like a bunch of nice bucks. Congrats to all.
bigcountry23, where are the pics?
They're at my fiance's house and we're at mine for the night...we'll put them on there ASAP...be on the look out for them!!