Thought I would share...

WinMag.300

That I recieved 3 Georgia Angler Awards for 2009, with each fish caught on the fly rod. I am proud and thought I would share. Waiting on IGFA for a line class on one of them as well.
All fish caught on public waters as well.

Name: Benjamin Vandevender

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites... current.pdf

croaker

Congratulations!

I've got 3 over the years also on the fly. Hickory Shad, Grass Carp and Flier Sunfish.

WinMag.300

Congrats as well...

I was just excited to get that many in one year. I have a Shoalie submitted for next years already and hopefully when my favorite stream opens up Ill put another Rainbow and Brown up there as well.

kirby999

Congratulations Ben . :clap: I know how much you enjoy your flyfishing and this shows how dedicated you are to a sport you love . tight loops . kirby

KINGFISHER

Congratulations that's awesome! I'm curious though, how do you go about submitting an entry? I've caught bowfin in the past that had to be close to a record on a fly rod.

WinMag.300

Submission

You have to have the fish measured and certified weighed and the weigher to sign off. Clear photographs of the fish in length and with the angler for submission. Then you send off to the State and wait for them to tell you you got it.lol. IGFA requires the same but also with a sample of the line used to catch the fish for line class records.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Catching one fish large enough to quailify for the award is something. To catch three in one year is awesome. Congratulations to you.

I have two, striper and walleye, but not from the same year.

WinMag.300

And ....

all on the fly rod too, I might add. This is my lucky carp shirt too, I have caught three very large carp wearing the shirt in the pic lol...in the same cove at the same lake on the same fly pattern. My other lucky charm is my lil girl.

Will put some more pics up off the home pc. They show the crazy girth on this thing as well. It was liking a submarine!

Attachments

• carp1.jpg
    carp1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited: