kicker rig is complete

bassnbuck

after about 40 hrs of working on this thing, i finally got it the way i wanted it to be. went to the lake last night and ran it for about 3 hrs. everything worked flawlessly and only have about $600.00 invested in it including the 9.9. ive always shot off a troller rig and never realized how much easier it is to run this thing instead of the troller. it jumps right over rocks and stumps and keeps going. does anyone see anything they would change to make it better? im open to anything because this is the first one ive built.

Attachments

• boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,949
  • boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,419

bassnbuck

i was planning on it until i remembered a wk or so back that one of my best friends is getting married saturday at 2 and im in wedding. i will definitely shoot the next one though. as far as i know i will be at michaels 5 for 5 on the 27th. good luck to yall. post pics sunday and let us know how it went

Michael

You might want to add a rail. While you can hold onto the steering bar, a rail will help keep your friends dry the next time you try and jump a rock or stump that just a tad bit too high :D

Attachments

• Carpinator.JPG
    Carpinator.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,469

wack em

Looks nice, maybe I can shoot a shad or two off it in a few weeks

castandblast

how did you engineer the steering cables to make your kicker turn? I have been thinking of doing this on my boat and do not want to go with the loud fan option. My boat set up is very similar to yours. However, I am still using a 65 pd trolling moter

bassnbuck

how did you engineer the steering cables to make your kicker turn? I have been thinking of doing this on my boat and do not want to go with the loud fan option. My boat set up is very similar to yours. However, I am still using a 65 pd trolling moter

the steering cables are 1/8in rubber coated aircraft cable that connect to turnbuckles that connect to a chain and motorcycle sprocket to turn. all this and a few pulleys come together and work excellent. your welcome to come take a look at mine or ask some more questions so i can steer you in the right direction

thompsonsz71

joseph i think the biggest problem is the briggs air cooled motor..... that thing spind bearings like crazy did you get your steering fixed yet?