Sage Largemouth rod

Randy

Well I thought I was going to get a Sage Smallmouth rod to add to my collection but when I got to the Fish Hawk and started discussing the benefits of each I changed my mind and went with the Largemouth. I just decided I needed more but strength for the big shoalies I am about to catch in these river currents.

KINGFISHER

I really liked the Sage Bass rods, but after testing them and comparing them to others, I decided on the Ross Flystick in an 8wt. I paired this with Rio Tropical Clouser and I have been blown away by it's performance. It just reeks with confidence, punching big bugs and streamers like its nothing. Plus, for only $169, it's a steal. Personally, I prolly would've went with the Smallmouth for shoalies, but I think you'll be happy with the Largemouth. Definitely post some pics when you take it on it's maiden voyage!
Oh, by the way , what reel are you pairing it with?

Randy

I really liked the Sage Bass rods, but after testing them and comparing them to others, I decided on the Ross Flystick in an 8wt. I paired this with Rio Tropical Clouser and I have been blown away by it's performance. It just reeks with confidence, punching big bugs and streamers like its nothing. Plus, for only $169, it's a steal. Personally, I prolly would've went with the Smallmouth for shoalies, but I think you'll be happy with the Largemouth. Definitely post some pics when you take it on it's maiden voyage!
Oh, by the way , what reel are you pairing it with?
I put a Nautalis 8 on it.

TopWater94

I agree KF, the Ross is a good deal. The only reason I would get a sage LM is for competetive fishing ,which I do not do, in order to meet the specs for rod length and grain weight. But as for the sage bass I like the SM. It's perfect for chuck n duck win big streamers for pond fishing and for shoalies. But the price on that Ross is hard to beat. Good call KF.

KINGFISHER

I agree KF, the Ross is a good deal. The only reason I would get a sage LM is for competetive fishing ,which I do not do, in order to meet the specs for rod length and grain weight. But as for the sage bass I like the SM. It's perfect for chuck n duck win big streamers for pond fishing and for shoalies. But the price on that Ross is hard to beat. Good call KF.

Thanks TW! I highly recommend it to anyone not wanting to break the bank on a high performance bass rod.

Randy

Well you def have a good reel if you ever get into something that will show you your backing! I love those Nautilus reels!

Yea this is my 4th Nautalis. I have a 5,7 and now 2 8's

TopWater94

Thanks TW! I highly recommend it to anyone not wanting to break the bank on a high performance bass rod.

Oh yeah! For a Sage it's a killer price plus I believe it to be a quality rod. Especially for those Bass lovers. I won't take a trout rod to the pond anymore, to hard to punch those big bugs through on a calm day much less a windy one.

KINGFISHER

Oh yeah! For a Sage it's a killer price plus I believe it to be a quality rod. Especially for those Bass lovers. I won't take a trout rod to the pond anymore, to hard to punch those big bugs through on a calm day much less a windy one.

Whoops! I meant I highly recommend the Ross Flystick. But, I know what ya mean. The Bass rods are nicely priced for a SAGE. I had my TFO Pro 8wt out last night, putting some new Rio Streamer Tip line on it, which is an awesome line by the way! It's a floating line with a 9.5 ft clear intermediate tip on it and I love it! Anyway, I had my 8wt Ross Flystick casting big ol' hair bugs side by side with my 8wt TFO Pro and there was no competition. I am not putting down TFO in any way, I absolutely love TFO rods. But for the down and dirty,through the bushes , guerilla warfare bass fishing I do, I absolutely love the Flystick.

TopWater94

Yeah I've got the Rio streamertip on a 6wt z axis....sweeeet line/ rod combo.