pheasant mount & some other mounts...

bhayz

Got my South Dakota pheasant mount back last week...looks pretty good w/ my fox squirrel and woodies...banded woody at the bottom. The last pics are of a rattler i caught, which is now on my desk at work. :D

Attachments

• Mount 006.jpg
    Mount 006.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Mount 007.jpg
    Mount 007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Mount 009.jpg
    Mount 009.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Mount 003.jpg
    Mount 003.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 262
  • snake 003.jpg
    snake 003.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 322
  • snake 004.jpg
    snake 004.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 579

huntfish

Looks great, but one question. Why do they mount a Rattler with it's mouth open while coiled. Doesn't happen in real life. Just curious.

bhayz

Looks great, but one question. Why do they mount a Rattler with it's mouth open while coiled. Doesn't happen in real life. Just curious.

it's a low strike position...i guess it is supposed to look like he is striking.:huh: i almost always let the taxi do what he thinks looks the best...he suggested it, so i went w/ it. Those are his real fangs which is pretty cool to see.

huntfish

it's a low strike position...i guess it is supposed to look like he is striking.:huh: i almost always let the taxi do what he thinks looks the best...he suggested it, so i went w/ it. Those are his real fangs which is pretty cool to see.

I understand, but no Rattlesnake is going to expose his fangs until he's in strike mode. Ala, already coming at you. Not going against you, but look at some the live rattlesnake pics on the Photography forum. Only native with mouth open is the cottonmouth and fangs are still retracted. Maybe you can teach your Taxi some biology and get a discount on your next rattler.

Peace..

bhayz

I understand, but no Rattlesnake is going to expose his fangs until he's in strike mode. Ala, already coming at you. Not going against you, but look at some the live rattlesnake pics on the Photography forum. Only native with mouth open is the cottonmouth and fangs are still retracted. Maybe you can teach your Taxi some biology and get a discount on your next rattler.

Peace..

LOL...yea you're right! I should get a discount on my next one! At least it didn't stand it up like a Texas Dimondback :rofl: Still it does its job...it keeps people from bringing work to me in my office!:D Here he is before i caught em!!

Attachments

• rattlesnake 020.jpg
    rattlesnake 020.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

huntfish

LOL...yea you're right! I should get a discount on my next one! At least it didn't stand it up like a Texas Dimondback :rofl: Still it does its job...it keeps people from bringing work to me in my office!:D Here he is before i caught em!!

Go for that look on your next one. Might want to find another taxi for your snakes based on live vs. mount colors. As for TX diamondbacks, that would be a baby....