30 bass in an afternoon

Hunk

Hit the water on Sunday afternoon. The water is still cold but we caugh 30 bass between 1-3 lbs on small crank baits. They were in 6-10 feet of water, seemed to be mid way back in the coves. Expect after a week of warm weather they should be starting to think about moving shallow!

Attachments

• bill and chuck.jpg
    bill and chuck.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,278

BigThig09

Give me a break

See that smile on their faces? THAT is what having fun is all about.

To the original poster, GREAT job and invite me to come fishin' with ya sometime! Looks like a blast!

Last edited by a moderator:

GAdawg315

See that smile on their faces? THAT is what having fun is all about. Maybe you should try it sometime.

To the original poster, GREAT job and invite me to come fishin' with ya sometime! Looks like a blast!

That and he can now have a cookout!

Our large mouth population aint going anywhere.

Hoss

The purpose of the bragging board is
To share photos of your success in the field or Family -- etc.

It is not a place to question or run down someones success. Posts which aren't in a positive vein will be deleted. If you want to discuss what constitutes success in the field, that should be done in the appropriate forum and as a general discussion, not bashing someone.

Hoss

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
good job hunky.

I am guessing this was on your lake? for those of you wondering why they are hanging on a stringer....cause they are great to eat:D:bounce: fact is we wore out about 30 of em sunday night down at Mays house...keep on bringin em down hunk!

of course that and the fact that the lake is massively over populated

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Way to go, looks like an effective use of C. C. C. & E. in the works :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Catch, clean , cook, eat ;)

boneboy96

looks like a great catch to me! :cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks like fish for supper to me! Congrats!!!!!!!:cool:

Hunk

Yeah that's right guys, I live on a private lake that is over populated with bass. We've been instructed to pull about 1500 pounds of fish a year from our lake until we get it into the right balance.

I guess someone had something to say about my pic. Oh well, bottom line, catch and release has it's place but at times, when the carrying capacity is exceeded or when it will be, fish need to be kept. That's what we did and will continue to do.

And yes JT. will bring some more down to camp. I've pulled 34 this year, far cry from the 511 from last year but I need to keep doing more!

Perkins

Yeah that's right guys, I live on a private lake that is over populated with bass. We've been instructed to pull about 1500 pounds of fish a year from our lake until we get it into the right balance.

I guess someone had something to say about my pic. Oh well, bottom line, catch and release has it's place but at times, when the carrying capacity is exceeded or when it will be, fish need to be kept. That's what we did and will continue to do.

And yes JT. will bring some more down to camp. I've pulled 34 this year, far cry from the 511 from last year but I need to keep doing more!

Hunk,
I shot Hoss a pm and told him I was wrong for that post and I am sorry. I just saw bass on a stringer and the blood pressure went up!. I am sorry about that. Didn't realize it was pond managment and you are doing the right thing. those little green fish are sacred to me, but I also know what your doing needs to be done. again sorry, and I'll see ya on the forum.
Perk

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

gonna need you to get on the ball lil fella! man we ate good on sunday nite...your fishin sustains us:D!!!!

Hunk

Perk,

Never saw your post, no worries.

thanks
Hunk

Hunk,
I shot Hoss a pm and told him I was wrong for that post and I am sorry. I just saw bass on a stringer and the blood pressure went up!. I am sorry about that. Didn't realize it was pond managment and you are doing the right thing. those little green fish are sacred to me, but I also know what your doing needs to be done. again sorry, and I'll see ya on the forum.
Perk

Hunk

JT, yeah I got some fish from Florida to bring, some Amberjack, snapper, grouper, seabass, trigger fish and a bunch of bass from the lake.

gonna need you to get on the ball lil fella! man we ate good on sunday nite...your fishin sustains us:D!!!!