Laurens 11-6-04

Hunk

We're starting to see some bucks moving. One guy shot a small 8 point, 12 3/4" spread, but we saw another 5 with 1 monster my buddy missed. All on video. I think things are starting to kick in. Hope for cool weather for next weekend. Anyone do any good?

Hunk

well I'm happy for him but yeah first time hunters seem to get some nice bucks for some reason

BWilder

Laurens Co. Rut

The rut must be in. Alot of movement of bucks.
I got my first Buck on Tues. Saw big bucks moving for several days chasing doe's. He was a nice 8 point. Hocks were black, and ooooo that smell!!!!!
The buck had been fighting alot, His right eye was really tore up, other eye was scarred up as his neck and nose was gashed pretty good.
Taking him to some place called Woody's Taxidermy on thurs.or Fri.
Anybody ever heard of that place?
Can't wait to get back to the woods and find the Bruiser that whooped up on my first Buck.

Handgunner

Maybe the chasing will make it's way down here to Treutlen.

Family has been seeing some chasing but nothing to get tore up about... Maybe another cool snap will bring it out of'em. ::;

Hunk

we had 2 does shot this weekend. I took one on Sunday. Hunted 4 days in a row only say 7 deer. Some bucks seen but all at one stand. Probably a doe in heat in that location. May not be able to go this weekend. One looks like rain and two it's going to be hot and three I have a honeydo list that's long before the Thanksgiving holiday. Frustrating year, only seen 12 deer, hunting the same days as the last 4 I'd have seen about 35-45. Stinks

BWilder

Laurens

Record year for our club,
Never have had 5 qdm bucks took before thanksgiving.....or for the year i believe.
Deer are really moving in the a.m. now.......
They are coming out in large foodplots and powerlines like theres no tommorrow.
Hope it continues through the weekend!!!

BWilder

Did not hunt Sun

I left camp Sun. around 11am.
Had to get back to the honey-do list.
I saw deer every time in the stand but no shooters.
A 4 pt. and spike came out in the front foodplot 3o min. before dark and got to fighting from the tripod past the road (200 yds.)
the whole time throwing each other to the ground like there is no tomorrow.
I've never seen bucks fight like that except on t.v.
enjoyed the weekend though.
I noticed all of the popular scrapes were not touched, but a few new ones were made after the rain.
Rut is over i believe.
BWilder

BWilder

Whats up in Laurens?

Anyone seeing deer?
I haven't been down there since Thanksgiving weekend.
Any luck or good signs?

Hunting Teacher

BWilder said:
Anyone seeing deer?
I haven't been down there since Thanksgiving weekend.
Any luck or good signs?
It was tough this past weekend.(12/11)
Saw two deer out of a stand in three hunts. A doe and yearling.
Bucks haven't hit scrapes for quite a while now. Appears to be mostly over for this year.
Not a lot of sign. Acorns are still falling.
Teach