broadheads

sportsman94

I just bought some rage broadheads and am planning on u@ing them for turkeys, is there anything special I can do to keep them from opening in. flight?

Flaustin1

Throw them in the trash. I had one come open on me twice. Same head. New o-ring. it simply opened up at about 20 yds. Lotta people love em but ill never use them again. You can put a very lightweight rubber band around the middle where the blades hinge. they say it helps but i dont know.

snook24

There great you dont have to do anything ill be using them for turkeys also. Ive never had any problems with mine.

tv_racin_fan

Not being a bow hunter I am curious as to how much in FPS or penetration those type of broadheads gain for you? I'm one of those simple is better kinda guys as I find that complicated stuff tends to fail at the least opportune times.

hawgrider1200

If there was an advantage to using them I think ol Uncle Ted would be using them. He's still using the fixed blade, Magnus.

StrutnBPS

I've been using Rage 2 blade for a couple years now and have never had one come open in flight. I've killed close to ten deer with them and have got complete pass throughs on all of them.

TV_Racin_FAN

Shooting a Rage head won't help you gain any speed and you will actually lose penetration over a smaller head such as a Magnus Stinger. It takes more KE to push those 2'' blades through an animal that it does a smaller head. The Rage heads aren't for every set up and they even explain this on thier web site. They even give you a KE calulator. However, people still love to bash them if they don't get a pass through shooting a set up that was made before they were born.

Flaustin1

When i had the head fail on me i was shooting a perfectly good set up. Im not bashing them because of the penetration deal. I had one FAIL. TWICE. same head new oring. It seemed to work fine. But it failed. When i touch the X-force off with a NAP Hellrazor on the end of my shaft i know how its gonna fly and that it will cut when it gets there.

Gentleman4561

I shoot the muzzy three blades and they are great and as simple as they come.

Flaustin1

Dont worry hiline . . .No one will ever find those heads. Not even on accident!

deadend

I had blades shear off my Rage heads when shooting armadillos for crying out loud. They are at the bottom of the Savannah river at this moment. Back to Zwickeys, Snuffers, and Magnus.

killa86

im a firm believer in rage 2 blade broadheads love the entry hole yes it cuts a 2" hole but it also violently rips a 5 to 7" wide hole in the skin better blood trail and less material coagulate the bleeding i shoot a bowtech at 286 fps i have had 0 problems. 10 deer 4 rams 5 hogs and a blackbuck antelope. anyone who doesnt like the rage send them to me